Logistics and Supply Chain Management Education at Manchester Metropolitan University Business School
Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) was awarded university status in 1992 and is part of the largest higher education campus in the UK and one of the most extensive education centers in Europe. With History dating back 150 years, they have a combination of the traditional and the contemporary that sets MMU apart and gives the distinct character.
The central campus is situated close to Manchester’s city centre. There are six further campus locations, four in other parts of the city and two in Cheshire, 36 miles (58 km) from Manchester. MMU offers over 1,000 courses and qualifications, many with a strong professional bias and the highest concentration of postgraduate taught courses in the North West. MMU has links with over 70 professional bodies and associations recognizing both the quality and practical focus of our course provision. MMU also has an extensive portfolio of training and professional development courses, including tailored courses to meet specific business needs. The Cheshire campus is a creative, cultural and social melting pot with student actors, artists and musicians rubbing shoulders with sport scientists, business and humanities students. The courses include in the areas of Arts, Business (Department of Business & Management), Education, Humanities and Sport Science.
Manchester Metropolitan University Business School (MMUBS) has been supporting industry and commerce in the city since 1889. Today's modern, full-range Business School offers undergraduate, postgraduate and higher research degrees in all major sub-disciplines of business and management. Notable growth areas include entrepreneurship and innovation, human resource management, marketing and public relations and accounting, finance and supply chain management.
- MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (1 year, full-time & 2 years, part-time): Accredited by The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), this course is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge needed by this fast-paced industry. Alongside topics such as strategic sourcing, contract and stakeholder management, and risk management, you also study information technology and information systems. This reflects the revolutionary impact the internet and e-commerce have had on logistics and supply chain management and how they continue to drive innovation.
- MSc in Operations and Supply Chain Management (1 year, full-time & 2 years, part-time): You'll learn from leaders in the field, exploring the latest issues around supply chain sustainability and the international regulatory environment, while getting to grips with enterprise systems like SAP and tackling the challenges of managing strategic procurement. This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport.
- Live Business Project: Many employers require graduates who possess a range of skills and knowledge, including experience in the workplace. Masters students of the Business School take a unit called Investigating Business Practice, where you will act as a consultant for a real business. This will develop your project management, team working, client management and business consultancy skills.
- Career Prospects: Graduates from this course can embark on careers in a wide range of business sectors and organizations, with recent graduates gaining employment with companies including 3M, Amazon, Cooper Industries, Hilti, Merck Pharmaceuticals, Reckitt Benckiser, Sainsbury's, SAP and Tetrosyl.
- Entry Requirements: Normally a good UK hons degree (minimum 2:2), or international equivalent, in any subject. We will also consider your application if you have degree equivalent professional qualifications or significant management experience.