OPITO & SQA Competence Assessment and OPITO Lifeboat Simulator Training Programs in Liverpool, Aberdeen & Worldwide
Located in Liverpool UK, SAFER Training is a specialist service company catering to the needs of subsea operators, marine contractors, oil and gas companies, and also to training providers servicing these industry sectors. The company currently operates in 33 countries and focus on training and consultancy services relating to health, safety and environmental subject areas.
SAFER Training delivers various OPITO Training to wide range of oil and gas operators, support companies and training providers operating in this sector. They also deliver the IOSH Working Safely and IOSH Managing Safely courses, which are the leading health and safety courses that are attended worldwide, with more than 130,000 trainees taking these courses globally worldwide every year.
SAFER Training has also developed industry specific versions of the Working Safely course to specifically address the requirements of the oil and gas industry and the subsea and marine industries. These courses are tailored such that the hazards, risks and control measures are relevant to that particular industry. The specific oil and gas industry course contains examples relevant to production operations, maintenance, and the equipment used on a fixed onshore/ offshore installation/ FPSO.
The subsea and marine industry courses contain examples that are more relevant to these sectors, including areas such as lifting operations, diving, and issues associated with the marine environment.
OPITO Training Programs
- OPITO Competence Assessor (Blended Learning): The OPITO Competence Assessor (Blended Learning) course is designed to provide delegates the opportunity to undertake the OPITO Competence Assessor (9018) course without the need to travel / attend a physical class or physical course delivery. The course can be completed at a time / place that is suitable to you.
- OPITO Internal Verifier (Blended Learning): The OPITO Internal Verifier (Blended Learning) course is designed to provide delegates the opportunity to undertake the OPITO Internal Verifier (9020) course without the need to travel / attend a physical class or physical course delivery. The course can be completed at a time / place that is suitable to you.
- OPITO Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Further Training (Free Fall) - Motion Simulator: The aim of the program is to give Offshore Lifeboat Coxswains the opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and skills, and practice certain elements of their role which they cannot reasonably practice offshore.
- OPITO Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Further Training (Twin Fall) - Simulator: The aim of the program is to give Offshore Lifeboat Coxswains the opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and skills, and practice certain elements of their role which they cannot reasonably practice offshore.
- SQA L&D9DI - Assessment using Direct & Indirect Methods: The Workplace Assessor Award is a unit of accreditation. This Unit is for individuals who assess in the workplace using a wide range of assessment methods, both direct and indirect. The person wishing to achieve this Unit (the assessor-candidate) will use the following direct methods - observation, examination of work products (both created and not created at the time of observation) and questioning.
- SQA L&D11 - Internal Verification of Workplace Assessment: This course is suitable for those involved in the quality assurance of workplace assessment and is recommended for those who carry out the internal quality assurance of the assessment process. This course offering does not require the candidate to be directly involved with the external quality assurance process and does not require responsibility for the overall management of the quality assurance system.
SAFER Training / City of Glasgow College Programs
- OPITO - OIM (Offshore Installation Manager): This course aims to assess the individual’s ability to manage and control a major emergency as the Emergency Manager.
- OPITO - CRO (Control Room Operator): Control Room Operators who have responsibility for centralized Control Room operations and who require training and competence assessment in dealing with emergency situations to OPITO standards.
- OPITO - MEMIR (Major Emergency Management Initial Response): The OPITO Major Emergency Management Initial Response (MEMIR) training and competence program is aimed at personnel who are progressing into the role of the Emergency Response Manager or are designated as being in charge of, are members of, or provide support to an Emergency Management Team in an emergency.