Logistics, Supply Chain and Operations Management Education and and Maritime Law Research
The University of Nottingham is a research university based in Nottingham, UK. The University of Nottingham's position as a world-class University is confirmed by its ranking in the global league tables. The university is ranked in the UK top 10, the European top 30 and in the top 1 per cent of all universities worldwide. Nottingham is a member of the Russell Group, Universitas 21, Sutton Trust, the Association of Commonwealth Universities, European University Association and Universities UK. Nottingham is the third most popular university in the UK, and has been described by The Times as the nearest Britain has to a truly global university and a prime alternative to Oxbridge.
The University of Nottingham improved its rank in all four of the major UK league tables published in 2010/11, while maintaining its rank in the fourth. A key reason for this improved performance was improved student satisfaction scores in the National Student Survey (NSS), In 2010, The University of Nottingham jumped 12 places in the NSS rankings, with an overall satisfaction score of 87 per cent – Nottingham’s highest ever result.
Located on the University's award-winning Jubilee Campus, the Nottingham University Business School's mission is to enhance business and management knowledge and practice through influential research of an international standard, world class teaching programs and significant engagement with private and public organizations at regional, national and international levels.
The Nottingham University School of Law is ranked among the top law schools in the UK and is one of the leading centers in the world for legal research. It was rated fourth in the UK in the latest Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) and has a grade of Excellent for teaching.
- MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (1 year) & MSc in Supply Chain and Operations Management (1 year): These courses focus on the management of operations in manufacturing, service and distribution enterprises. They will prepare managers who will be able to help their companies build a competitive edge based on high levels of technical and managerial competence. The courses aim for a high level of integration between management techniques and the technologies that they control, with emphasis on the strategic relevance of solutions.
- MSc Supply Chain and Operations Management (1 year full time): As a supply chain and operations manager you will have highly developed strategic abilities that ensure your business runs smoothly and maintains a competitive advantage. The MSc will give you the broad skill set you need to excel in global management positions.
- Entry Requirements: 2:1 (or international equivalent) in a business, engineering or science-related discipline.
- PhD in Law With Maritime Law (3 years full time, 6 years part time): With well-established research centers and links to leading institutions around the world, the School of Law is a dynamic centre for PhD study. You will be assigned two supervisors who will have the appropriate expertise to support your research project. You must complete a written thesis of up to 100,000 words, with support and advice from your academic supervisor(s). You will also take a verbal examination called a viva voce where you explain your project in depth to an examination panel. The research staff are active in diverse areas relating to maritime law research, with particular expertise in - underwater cultural heritage, coral reefs, and marine insurance law.
- Entry Requirements: LLM or masters degree in a relevant discipline, with a taught and dissertation average of 65% or above; plus a 2:1 (or international equivalent).
- Campus: University Park is The University of Nottingham’s largest campus at 300 acres. Part of the University since 1929, the campus is widely regarded as one of the largest and most attractive in the country. The Jubilee Campus is a modern purpose-built campus which now extends to 65 acres and is located only one mile from University Park. The Sutton Bonington Campus is 10 miles south of University Park on the border of Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire. Apart from these, the university operates number campuses in UK and one each in China and Malaysia.
- Accreditation: The University of Nottingham is a public university and UK Border Agency (UKBA) highly trusted student sponsor. Business programs are accredited by EQUIS.
- Careers and Employability Service: The Service can help you to explore graduate careers, develop your employability skills, search for job vacancies and work experience placements, improve your job or course application, and meet future employers.
- Study Abroad: At The University of Nottingham, you can study abroad as part of your course – without extending your degree program. Some of the programs are: Universitas 21 and University-wide program; China & Malaysia campuses program; Short-Term programs and Summer Schools; Erasmus program; and more.
- The Nottingham Advantage Award: The Award requires you to take an additional 30 credits on top of your normal academic studies. It rewards extra-curricular activity and provides you with valuable transferable skills that will help when looking for a future job.
- The EnterpriseLab @Nottingham: The EnterpriseLab aims to provide an environment in which students and graduates can learn about the practical aspects of business development and build their entrepreneurial skills.
- Housing: The University of Nottingham provides accommodation which includes both catered and self-catered residences. Catered accommodation includes a weekly 19-meal package and available to undergraduates only. Self-catered accommodation provides facilities for students to prepare their own meals. These are available to both undergraduates and postgraduates.