Online Marine Insurance Professional Training Program for Shoreside Commercial Maritime Career
marinEd was established in Hamburg with support from the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce and the German Federal Employment Agency to provide relevant online education, skills development and information that improves shoreside awareness for seafarers who are transitioning from ship-to-shore globally.
Marine insurance gives the shipping industry the confidence to trade. Without the shelter from risk presented by insurance, shipping transactions and operations would be severely curtailed as players would have to rely on their own funds to cover accidents, loss or damage.
The course analyses the UK Marine Insurance Act and the principles of marine insurance. Particularly average and general average are covered as well as indemnity and third-party liability. The course also looks at policies such as covers cargo insurance and cargo and time clauses, policies stand-alone Institute cargo clauses and claims.
Online Marine Insurance Training
Marine Insurance Certification
- Course Leader: Jae Sundaram, University of Buckingham (UK)
- Prerequisites: None
- Study: 2-3 hours per week
- Type: Self-paced online
- Start Date: Open
- Subscription: 6 months
- Exams: Time based multiple choice exams with each module
- Certification: Certificate of Completion
- Language: English
- Insurable Interest, Perils of the Sea part 1
- Insurable Interest, Perils of the Sea part 2
- Core Principles of Marine Insurance part 1
- Core Principles of Marine Insurance part 2
- General Average and P&I part 1
- General Average and P&I part 2
- Time & Voyage Policies part 1
- Time & Voyage Policies part 2
Get Started Now!
Note: The above link will take you to the external course provider marinEd. The course price is €210 and the discount code is automatically applied. You may visit the course page at marinEd for more details (Use EDUMARSTSQMI20 on check-out if not applied already).
LAST UPDATED ON Jan 12, 2022