Offfshore & Subsea Engineering, Procurement & Supply Chain, Oil & Gas, Energy Law programs in Aberdeen
Located in Aberdeen, Scotland, Robert Gordon University (RGU) is a dynamic, modern place to study with an international reputation for providing high quality education from undergraduate through to PhD level. Consistently ranked among the UK's top universities for graduate employment for many years, recent accolades have included: Best Modern University in the UK - The Times Good University Guide 2010; Top Modern University in 2009; and Top Modern University for Research in Scotland to name a few.
The diverse and exciting range of degree programs at RGU are taught in state-of-the-art facilities by specialists who maintain close links with the world of work. Well-established relationships with professional bodies, industrial organizations, government departments and research institutes ensure that all taught content is relevant and meets industry standards.
Aberdeen Business School (ABS) is one of the leading providers of management and professional business education in Scotland. ABS has established strong links with industry, commerce and the public sector. This enables ABS to develop practical, innovative courses designed to prepare students for today's business needs. The reputation is built on providing employers with professional individuals who have the best technical and personal skills and fully prepares the graduates for their chosen career. As part of this, many the courses include Student Placements with external organizations which offer students an exceptional learning experience.
- BEng / MEng Mechanical and Offshore Engineering (Beng - 4 years / MEng - 4 or 5 years): This course includes the core aspects of the mechanical engineering course combined with a specialism in offshore engineering. It will give you the ability to work methodically and logically to solve real-life problems in the face of conflicting requirements, and equip you with the skills to manage challenges in your future career.
- The MEng course is available in two versions: standard five year or fast-track. For students taking the fast-track MEng route, the final stage runs over two summers before and after Year 4 and is based on two industrial placements and block delivery of advanced Analytical and Professional Management modules where you will increase the depth of your technical knowledge and the breadth of management skills, including Corporate Social Responsibility.
- PgCert | PgDip | MSc IT for the Oil and Gas Industry (full time & part time): This course will give you an understanding of the oil and gas industry and how to align IT services with the needs of organisations. You will become proficient in the use of modern software tools and environments and have the ability to integrate the use of tools and techniques in the framework of an appropriate development methodology to develop high quality software solutions.
- PgCert | PgDip | MSc Oil and Gas Accounting and Finance (full time or with placement year): This Oil and Gas Accounting and Finance course will help you develop and be capable of using advanced critical knowledge and understanding of the accounting for upstream activities and the financial arrangements/implications of a broad spectrum of oil and gas ventures. It confers desirable skills for careers in the oil and gas, energy and financial sectors.
- PgCert | PgDip | MSc Oil and Gas Engineering (full time, online): This Oil and Gas Engineering course produces fit-for-purpose engineers who can make effective contribution from an early stage. Developed in close collaboration with industry, it enables you to develop a critical approach to oil and gas engineering and develop a strong project management and team-work abilities.
- PgCert | PgDip | MSc Procurement and Supply Chain Management (full time, part time, online): With multiple study modes, this CIPS accredited course enables you to explore the dynamic discipline of Procurement and Supply Chain Management at your choice of pace. A degree in procurement and supply chain management will develop your knowledge, understanding and business skills for professional practice in procurement and supply chain management at middle and higher levels of management.
- PgCert | PgDip | MSc Subsea Engineering (online): This Subsea Engineering degree is designed for Engineers with some relevant offshore oil and gas experience, and high-calibre graduates who wish to enhance their employability in the subsea industry.
- MBA Oil and Gas Management (online, part time): The MBA Oil and Gas Management specialist degree will hone your management skills to the specific needs of the oil and gas sector, giving practical experience while you learn and provide priceless insights and learning that can significantly impact your effectiveness and career.
- MBA Sustainability and Energy Transitions (online): This program aims to build on your prior professional experience to enable them to acquire a wider range of management knowledge and skills with additional specialist focus on sustainability and energy transitions, which are highly relevant issues for managers and leaders in the industry today.
- MSc | LLM Oil, Gas and Renewable Energy Law (full time, online): The LLM/MSc Oil, Gas and Renewable Energy Law degree provides an opportunity to critically assess key legal and contractual aspects including licensing, contracts, M&A, environmental and renewable energy of the global Energy and Oil and Gas sectors, both in the UK and leading international regions.
- LLM Law and Energy Law (full time, online or blended): The LLM Law and Energy Law pathway has been designed to incorporate maximum flexibility both in the topics you cover and the way that you learn, whether on campus, online or through blended learning. With the dialogue about alternative methods of energy becoming more and more relevant, the Energy Law pathway of the LLM Law Program explores key issues around energy, the environment, sustainable development, and climate change law and policy in the UK, EU and international regions.