Logistics and Supply Chain Management Education Online
Edinburgh Napier University is a dynamic professional institution, committed to providing high-quality education located in Edinburgh, Scotland. It is one of Scotland's largest higher education institutions with nearly 15,000 students enrolled on a wide range of courses. The University has a truly international atmosphere with almost 2,500 students from over 100 countries.
The University constantly innovates and adopts new initiatives to give students the perfect mix of industry-recognized courses, excellent graduate employability prospects and modern facilities.
Students can choose from a portfolio of 200 undergraduate and postgraduate programs awarded across three faculties - Health, Life and Social Sciences; Engineering, Computing and Creative Industries; and The Business School.
The Edinburgh Napier University has been awarded the prestigious Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education in 2009. This was awarded for demonstrating world-class standards of excellence. This recognition complements the world-leading classification awarded to the Architecture and Built Environment division in the Research Assessment Exercise in 2008. Edinburgh Napier is one of Scotland’s top universities for graduate employability and one of the top in the UK for Graduate Prospects with around 100 industry-relevant postgraduate courses.
- MSc Business Management (Logistics & Supply Chains) - Online (21-33 months): This course offers you the opportunity to study modules including global logistics and supply chains and project management. This course is designed to deliver accessible, creative and flexible postgraduate business education and offer a choice in how, when and where you study - as well as the option to pursue a specialism.
- MBA (Logistics and Supply Chain Management) - Online (21-33 months): This globally-recognized qualification will develop your business skills and give you the expertise you need to take on senior roles in any organization. It's a flexible course delivered online (part-time) that will build on your work experience and allow you to combine your MBA with a specialism in logistics and supply chains.
- Entry Requirements: The entry requirements for this course is a Bachelor (Hons) Degree at 2:2 or above plus 2 years work experience in order to be eligible for this program. May also consider lesser qualifications if you have sufficient professional work experience within the industry.
Edinburgh Napier Features
Edinburgh Napier nurtures close links with industry across the three faculties to give you the best possible head start in your career. The partnerships with ground breaking and successful businesses as well as with other pioneering universities, nationally and internationally, make Edinburgh Napier an exciting and rewarding place to study. Many of the staff are actively engaged with industry, either as practitioners or in research or knowledge transfer programs, which improves the industrial relevance of university’s teaching and research. A large number of the programs are professionally accredited by relevant bodies and many include and industry work placement, giving you valuable business experience, networking opportunities and enhanced personal development.
- Campus: Edinburgh Napier is located in the capital of Scotland, Edinburgh. Edinburgh is a vibrant, cosmopolitan city with a 24-hour, student friendly buzz. The Faculty of Engineering is located at the Merchiston campus.
- Accreditation: Edinburgh Napier University is a public university and UK Border Agency (UKBA) highly trusted student sponsor. Civil & Transportation Engineering programs are accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Institute of Highway Engineers, The Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation and the Institution of Structural Engineers, leading to Chartered Engineer Status. Transport Planning and Engineering program is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), and is approved by the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT), the Institution of Structural Engineers, the Institute of Highway Engineers and the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) (subject to first degree) leading to Chartered Engineer Status.
- Transport Research Institute: Established in 1996, the Transport Research Institute (TRI) is internationally recognized for the high quality of its multidisciplinary transport research and consultancy.
- International Students: Edinburgh Napier has the fourth highest proportion of overseas students in the United Kingdom according to the Sunday Times University Guide 2010.
- Employability: 97.4 per cent of Edinburgh Napier University students are in work or further study within six months of graduating. The top employers the graduates go on to work for each year include Halifax Bank of Scotland, Aegon, Royal Bank of Scotland, Scottish and Newcastle, Scottish Widows, Sky, Standard Life, Tesco, the National Health Service and the Scottish Government.
- College Partners: Edinburgh Napier has individual program articulation agreements with over 100 colleges in Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Ireland. Each year, approximately 1,500 students progress from college to study full-time on degree programs at Edinburgh Napier.
- Confident Futures: Confident Futures is an innovative program of personal development created by Edinburgh Napier and unique in Higher Education. Edinburgh Napier is the top university in the UK for ‘Value Added’ degrees - a comparison of student’s qualifications on entry to University and their honors results according to Guardian University Guide 2009.
- Housing: The university has 198 self catered flats with space for 950 students in the centre of the city. There are also 71 bed spaces at iQ, an external accommodation provider. These rooms are en suite with the University discount.