National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) Boating Education Training & Licensing Programs
Established in 1960 and headquartered in Lexington, KY, the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) is a national nonprofit, organization that works to develop public policy for recreational boating safety. NASBLA represents the recreational boating authorities of all 50 states and the U.S. territories.
NSBLA offers a variety of resources, including training, model acts, education standards, publications and more. Through a national network of thousands of professional educators, law enforcement officers and volunteers, they affect the lives of over 76 million American boaters.
The Boat Operations and Training (BOAT) Program establishes a U.S. Coast Guard recognized national standard for the training, qualification, credentialing and typing of marine law enforcement and emergency first responders.
Also, NASBLA offers more than a dozen courses from Basic Crew Member to Pursuit and Stop to provide a variety of training options for marine law enforcement officers and first responders.
Education & Training Programs
- Boat Control On-Water Training Course: Boat Control On-Water Training Course is taught in four course modules and designed to teach boat handling skills to recreational boaters or personnel hired to operate a vessel used in marine patrol.
- NSBC Instructor Certification: Upon successful completion of the course, the candidate becomes a NSBC Instructor that is certified to teach the Boat Control On-Water Training curriculum to students.
- Skipper Club™: In partnership with the U.S. Coast Guard, Skipper Club is focused on teaching teens valuable safe boating lessons and preparing the next generation of safe boaters.
Free Video Courses Online (BoatOnCourse)
- Safety Equipment for Paddlers
- Boater Etiquette at Launch Areas
- How to Navigate Channels as a Paddler
- Sharing the Waterways
- America’s Waterway Watch
- Boating Offshore
- Marine Safety Information
- Uniform Waterway Marking Systems
- Understanding Aids to Navigation
- Responsible Operation
- Meeting Head-On
- Sound Signals
- Navigation Lights
- Maritime Exclusion Zones
- Narrow Channels
- Commercial Vessels
- Sailing Vessels
- Courtesy On the Water
On-Demand Videos (CEU)
- CRBP Domain 1: Management, Leadership, Ethics and Character
- CRBP Domain 3: Boating Laws and Compliance
- CRBP Domain 6: Boating Safety Marketing, Outreach and Public Relations
- International Boating and Water Safety Summit
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 19, 2021