Yacht and Sailing Courses, Driveboat & Marine Police Courses and STCW Training Worldwide
International Yacht Training Worldwide (IYT) is the most internationally accredited global leader and trusted standard of excellence in yacht training, maritime certification, safety, knowledge and sailing adventures.
The company operates more boating courses with more Government approvals through more schools, in more countries and in more languages than any other boating organization in the world. IYT's courses are offered worldwide through a network of partner schools. Through these schools, the company offers an entire range of recreational courses from entry level sailing and powerboat courses up to Yachtmaster Ocean.
In over 24 jurisdictions worldwide and a growing number of maritime associations recognize IYT certifications and has over 200 schools in 41 countries have adopted the IYT curriculum. IYT's courses are offered worldwide through a network of partner schools. Through these schools, the company offers an entire range of recreational courses from entry level sailing and powerboat courses up to Yachtmaster Ocean.
IYT Approved Schools in U.S.
- Northeast Maritime Institute - Fairheaven, Massachusetts
- Maritime Institute Inc. - San Diego, California
- IYT Fort Lauderdale (PYTUSA) (PYT USA) - Florida
IYT Approved Schools in Australia
- Superyacht Crew Academy - Newport, New South Wales
- Perth Boat School - Munster, Perth, Western Australia
- Great Barrier Reef International Marine College - Cairns, Queensland
IYT Approved Schools in Europe
- Harrison Maritime Associates - Cannes, France
- Crew Training Solutions (CTS) - Naples, Italy
- Xone Superyacht Academy - Fethiye, Turkey
- Yacht Training 2000 - Sukosan, Croatia
IYT Approved Schools in Asia
- Small Powerboat and RIB Master (MCA Approved) (3 days): The IYT Small Powerboat & RIB Master certificates do not require a commercial endorsement because they are commercial certificates.
- Dinghy Sailing Course: Dinghy Sailing Course consists of four levels - Bronze Level (Start Sailing - 5 days), Silver Level (Safe Sailing – 2-3 days), Gold Level (Independent Sailing - 3-4 days), and Platinum Level (Perfected Sailing – 5-6 days)
- International Crew Training: This is a certificate of excellence for those candidates who wish to train to become an active crew member on a power or sailing yacht. it includes an Introduction to Boating for power and sail yachts.
- International Bareboat Skipper (5 days): This course is not for beginners and the recommended entry level requirements are a VHF maritime radio operators certificate, and to have logged over 200 nautical miles and 10 days at sea before advancing to this level.
- VHF Radio Operators Certificate: Students will learn how onboard radios and handheld radios, EPIRBs, SARTs, AIS and DSC-enabled radios, are used effectively in marine communications.
- International Certificate of Competency: This Course allows yachtsmen to charter yachts in the Caribbean, Mediterranean, and beyond with full recreational Skipper qualifications.
- Yachtmaster Coastal (5-6 days): This certificate is a recreational certificate of competency for command of sailing and/or power vessels up to 24 meters in length up to 60 nm offshore.
- Yachtmaster Offshore (10-11 days): This is a recreational certificate of competency to command sailing and/or power vessels up to 24 meters in length up to 150 nm offshore.
- Yachtmaster Ocean (6 days): This is a qualification that indicates that the holder has sufficient knowledge of celestial navigation to navigate a 24 meter vessel globally using a sextant and to plan, undertake and manage an Ocean passage together with a comprehensive understanding of the factors involved with regards to routing and meteorology.
- Powerboat Skipper (5 days): Designed for those to wish to operate a power pleasure boat with accommodation up to 24 m, (80') in sight of land in fair weather.
- International Flotilla Skipper (5 days): This course is aimed at increasing a student's knowledge sufficiently to be a watchkeeper or a flotilla skipper.
- Patron De Yates Spanish Yachtmaster Coastal (Spain): The certificate of competency is for vessel up to a maximum length of 78 ft or 24 meters. It is for coastal waters up to 60 miles offshore and in moderate wind and sea conditions.
- Master of Yachts Coastal Mate 200 Tons (MCA Approved) (5-6 days): A comprehensive live aboard course which covers subjects such as navigational charts and publications, dead reckoning and estimated position, position fixing, tides, tidal levels and data, pilotage, safety at sea, meteorology and much more.
- Master of Yachts Limited 200 Tons (MCA Approved): Most globally accepted course for the operation of commercial yachts up to 200 Tons. Recognition by 25 Governments has placed IYT MOY 200 Ton accreditation at the top as the global standard of certification.
- Master of Yachts Unlimited 200 Tons (MCA Approved): The IYT Master of Yachts Unlimited certificate is a qualification that indicates that the holder has sufficient knowledge of celestial navigation to navigate globally using a sextant and to plan, undertake and manage an ocean passage together with a comprehensive understanding of the factors involved with regards to routing and meteorology.
- Superyacht Hospitality Training (5 days): This course is designed with the help of Gerard's, one of the world's premier yacht and aircraft outfitters.
- Superyacht Crew Course (MCA Approved) (5 days): This course comprises both theory and practical elements that give the student a comprehensive and all-round general knowledge of the requirements of the Superyacht industry.
- Superyacht Chef: The aim of the course is to cover all aspects of life for the Superyacht chef to ensure a smooth and successful transition from land to sea and recommended for all who are considering a career in the Superyacht industry.
- Personal Watercraft Operator - PWC (1 day): This course covers the requirements for the safe operation and maintenance of a personal watercraft.
- Diveboat Master: The Diveboat Master certificate contains 2 very important elements that makes it a crossing-over point to the yachting industry - Master of Yachts Coastal / Mate 200 Tons and with additional USCG 200 GT Master Captain's License for U.S. candidates, and STCW95.
- Diveboat Mate: This certification is designed to be taught in conjunction with Divemaster training or equivalent courses. It is designed for the Divemaster or Instructor who wants to begin working on Diveboat vessels.
- Marine Police: The Marine Police Certificate is available for law enforcement with a commitment to marine policing and security using Police vessels.
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques (1.5 days)
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (1 day)
- STCW Basic Fire Fighting & Fire Prevention (2 days)
- STCW Elementary First Aid (1 day)
- STCW Proficiency in Maritime Security Awareness (1/2 day)
- STCW 95 Certificate Refresher (2 days)