Translate to Your Language
IYT Professional Courses, Turkey Maritime Courses and IYTWW Recreational Courses in the City of Fethiye, Turkey
Located in the City of Fethiye in Mugla province of Turkey, Xone Superyacht Academy is part of VIRA Superyacht & Sailing Academy (VIRA SSA) which was established in 2006. Xone Academy offers education and training for the superyacht industry to meet the growing international demand for crew, officers and captains who are trained to the highest professional standards throughout the Mediterranean region. The academy is an IYT WW partner school since 2011 and became a Training Center for the MCA recognized Master of Yachts Professional Courses.
The academy is a fully approved & authorized Private Marine School is Turkey. VIRA SSA also is the only School having ISO 9001:2008 certificate from LRQA (Lloyd Register of Shipping). Xone Yacht provides Yacht Crew Management across the region. All professional course instructors and examiners are qualified professional mariners. The academy also provides a range of opportunities for professional and personal development up to master’s degree level.
Training facilities include - Radar Simulation Laboratory, Bridge Simulation Laboratory, GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress & Safety Systems) Laboratory, and training boats include Awareness (Bavaria 46 Cruiser) & Nice (Angel Marine 55 Taiwan). STCW, they have a Fire Fighting Training Platform, a Personal Survival Techniques Training Platform, and a Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats Platform.
Academic & Training Programs
IYT Professional Courses
- Master Of Yachts - Unlimited 200GT MCA Approved: The course consists of 6 days of astronavigation and worldwide meteorology. A thorough knowledge of all subjects covered in the IYT Master of Yachts Limited course is assumed. There will be a final written examination on the last day of the course.
- Master Of Yachts - Limited 200GT - Power / Sail MCA Approved: To gain the IYT Worldwide Master of Yachts Limited certificate, a theory course and exams and a 5 day practical on board course and practical exam must be successfully completed.
- Master Of Yachts - Coastal - Power / Sail MCA Approved: To gain the IYT Worldwide Master of Yachts Mate/Coastal certificate, the candidate must attend a 6 day practical / theory course on board a yacht; successfully complete a theory exam and practical assessment.
- STCW 2010 Marshall Island: Successful candidates will receive a “Proficiency in Maritime Security Awareness” certificate which is valid for a period of five years.
- Superyacht Crew: The five-day IYT Superyacht Crew course is a an MCA approved course and is highly recommended for entry-level students who wish to enter the superyacht industry. It comprises both theory and practical elements that give the student a comprehensive and all-round general knowledge of the requirements of the superyacht industry.
- Small Powerboat & RIB Master MCA Approved: This three day course covers two days of theory and one day of practical boat handling.
- Superyacht Interior Crew Hospitality Training: Successful graduates can confidently accept any Steward/ess assignment on superyachts anywhere in the world. You will graduate with two internationally recognized certificates - IYT Worldwide certificate for Professional Superyacht Hospitality & IYT Worldwide certificate for Small Powerboat & RIB Master(MCA Approved).
- VHF Communications Certificate
Turkey Maritime Courses
- Yacht Master Course 2999GT
- Yacht Master Course 499GT
- Ordinary Seaman Course
- Practical Training
- STCW 2010 Basic Training Course
- ISPS Maritime Security Awareness Training
- Automatic Radar Plotting Aid -ARPA Radar-
- Advance Fire Fighting Training
- Medical Care Training
- GMDSS ROC - Global Maritime Distress and Safety System
- Restricted Watchkeeping Officer
IYTWW Recreational Courses
- Yacht Master Ocean Power / Sail
- Yacht Master Offshore Power / Sail
- Yacht Master Coastal Power / Sail
- International Bareboat Skipper Power / Sail
- International Flotilla Skipper Power / Sail
- Introduction to Boating & International Crew Power / Sail