Certified Marine Insurance Professional (CMIP) Designation & Practical Training in Marine and Longshore Insurance in the U.S.
International Institute of Marine Insurance Studies (IIMIS) offers Certified Marine Insurance Professional (CMIP) designation & five part seminar series and was established to reach a larger number of agents and create a standardized training. IIMIS was established by LIG Marine Managers which is the largest Longshore MGA in the United States and the largest Commercial Marine MGA in the Southeast USA. Founded in 1989 LIG Marine Managers is based in Houston TX with offices in San Francisco CA, St. Petersburg FL, Doylestown PA, Seattle WA, and London UK.
IIMIS has been in operation for over 10 years and has over 98 CMIP Designated Agents and over 1000 attendees who are at varying stages towards earning their CMIP designation. The CMIP Designation seminars are held twice a year and agents are required to complete all seminars and pass a rigorous test at the end of each; the entire process can take 2-4 years to complete designation requirements. Seminars are conducted around various cities in the United States.
Certification & Training Programs
Certified Marine Insurance Professional (CMIP)
- Certified Marine Insurance Professional (CMIP) is a specialized insurance designation offered by International Institute of Marine Insurance Studies (IIMIS). The CMIP Designation sets you apart as having a certified level of knowledge and expertise in Commercial Marine and Longshore Insurance and provides you with the added edge needed in today's marketplace.
- To earn your CMIP Designation requires attendance at four CMIP Seminars and passing a rigorous examination at the end of each:
- Insuring Waterfront Businesses
- Insuring Marine Employees
- Recreational Marine Insurance
- Insuring Vessel Owners & Operators.
Insuring Waterfront Businesses
- Marine General Liabilities
- Care Custody Control (CCC) Exposures In-Depth Study
- Umbrella / Excess
- Maritime Employers Liability
- Taking your Marine Client Overseas
Insuring Marine Employees
- Policies & Programs
- Additional Issues
Recreational Marine Insurance
- Yachts & Boats
- Boat Manufacturers & Builders, Builders Risk
- Charter, Sightseeing, Boats
- Marinas, Boat Dealers, Yacht Clubs
Insuring Vessel Owners & Operators
- Protection and Indemnity Insurance (P&I)
- Pollution Insurance
- Hull Insurance
- Charterers Legal Liability
- Ocean Cargo Insurance
- Collision and Towers Liability Form
- Longshore Claims - Beyond the basics
- Marine Underwriters - Is there madness to our methods?
- MGL / MCL / CML / GL - What does it all mean?
- Cargo Legal Liability
- Lloyd’s as Innovators