Mercury Marine Co-op Programs & Apprenticeships for Students and, Product Technician Training & Certification for Dealers and Partners
Mercury Marine University provides comprehensive technical and non-technical training to more than 7,000 dealers and partners worldwide. The university offers robust course curriculum and training at more locations than any other marine engine manufacture in the world. Mercury Marine University Learning, Education (Online) and Registration Now (LEARN) is your direct source to manage electronic learning.
A division of Brunswick Corporation, Mercury Marine provides engines, boats, services and parts for recreational, commercial and government marine applications. The industry-leading brand portfolio includes Mercury and Mariner outboard engines; Mercury MerCruiser sterndrive and inboard packages; Mercury propellers; Mercury inflatable boats; Mercury SmartCraft electronics; and Mercury and Quicksilver parts and oils.
Mercury Marine University's LEARN allows individual’s the opportunity to access their learning history and will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. LEARN makes accessing Mercury Marine University’s industry-leading training content easier than ever.
Apart from the LEARN programs for dealers and partners, Mercury Marine Technician Certification training programs are also available at select schools in few states. University students may also find Mercury Marine Co-op education programs in many institutions around the country after with they may be able to find job opportunities with the company. There are also Mercury Marine apprenticeships available nationwide through the company. Please find more information on the opportunities below.
Mercury Marine Certifications
- MerCruiser Sterndrive Certified
- MerCruiser Inboard Certified
- Outboard Certified
- Mercury MerCruiser Master Technician
- Mercury Outboard Master Technician
- Technicians take online and classroom training on all Mercury Marine engine products. Technicians can select courses for Outboard products, MerCruiser products, or both. Once technicians have taken the required online and classroom training, they must pass a certification test in order to be designated as Certified Technicians in that product line.
- To qualify for Master Status, technicians must meet specific qualifications. The technician must be certified in the specific product line for four consecutive years, and have had no lapses in training. Technicians must pass a Master Technician test prior to the status being awarded. Master Technician is the highest honor and when you achieve this status, you are recognized as demonstrating outstanding performance, professionalism and provide highest standars of service. Passing score is 90% and above.
- Applicant must be currrently employed at a Mercury Marine dealership, contracted for the product line, the application is for.
Mercury Marine Technician Training & Certifications
- Universal Technical Institute, the leading provider of post-secondary education for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, has a Mercury Marine technician certification program at its Marine Mechanics Institute (MMI) campus in Orlando.
- Automotive Training Center (ATC) - Warminster and Exton, Pennsylvania
- Manatee Technical College (MTC) - Bradenton, Florida
- Plus more to come.
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Materials Science Engineering
- Supply Chain Management
- Mercury Marine's Co-op Education Program is a carefully structured program where all parties - Mercury, the student, and the university - enter into a mutual agreement designed to enrich a student's formal education by alternating periods of study with meaningful periods of work. The student, viewed as a "professional-in-training," provides entry-level employment services to the company.
- The students are seriously considered for regular employment after completing the program and depending on the requirements. Students are recruited through on-campus recruiting and career fair participation. Spring/Summer Co-op term: January through August and Summer/Fall Co-op term: June through December
- Pattern Maker
- Tool Maker
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Maintenance Electrician
- Die Maintenance Technician
- Industrial Painter
- Furnace Maintenance Mechanic
- Tool & Cutter Grinder
- Mechanic Specialist
- Display Carpenter
- Mercury Marine offers apprenticeships for a variety of skilled trades. An apprentice must sign an agreement with the Bureau of Apprenticeship Standards, Department of Workforce Development through the State of Wisconsin to be accepted into the program.
- Apprentices are selected and their performance is reviewed by the Apprenticeship Committee, comprised of Company Representatives and Union Representatives.