MROP, GROL (PG), GMDSS Radio Operators (DO) or Maintainers (DM) or Radio Operator/Maintainer (DB), Restricted GMDSS Radio Operators (RG) Licensing & Ship Radar Endorsement Exams Online
Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, iNARTE is the name adopted by NARTE (National Association of Radio and Telecommunications Engineers) in 2007. iNARTE stands for the International Association for Radio, Telecommunications and Electromagnetics. iNARTE certifications are for qualified engineers and technicians in the fields of telecommunications, electromagnetic compatibility/interference (EMC/EMI), product safety (PS), electrostatic discharge control (ESD), and wireless systems installation.
iNARTE is part of Exemplar Global and merged with RABQSA International in June 2012. Exemplar Global is an independent, not for profit organization with Australian charity status with shared headquarters in both the United States and Australia. Exemplar Global is a subsidiary of the American Society of Quality (ASQ), the leading organization for quality professionals.
As an FCC designated Commercial Operator License Examination Manager (COLEM), iNARTE Exemplar Global administers Federal Communications Commission (FCC) licensing exams online and at over 190 locations worldwide. The online examination process allows you to take any of our FCC exams from any computer (with internet access, a webcam, and a microphone) from any location at any time. This means you can take the exam from your home, workplace, or anywhere else that is convenient for you.
Marine Licensing Exams
- Marine Radio Operator Permit: The FCC requires a Marine Radio Operator Permit to operate radiotelephone stations aboard certain vessels that sail the Great Lakes. The Marine Radio Operator Permit is also required to operate radiotelephone stations aboard vessels of more than 300 gross tons or on vessels that carry more than six passengers for hire in the open sea or any tidewater area of the United States. You’re also required to have the Marine Radio Operator Permit to operate certain aviation radiotelephone stations and certain coast radiotelephone stations.
- General Radiotelephone Operator License or GROL (PG): A General Radiotelephone Operator License (PG) is required to adjust, maintain, or internally repair FCC licensed radiotelephone transmitters in the aviation, maritime, and international fixed public radio services.
- GMDSS Radio Operator’s License (DO): The GMDSS Radio Operator’s License (DO) qualifies the holder to operate and make some basic equipment adjustments to Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) radio installations. It also confers the operating authority of the Marine Radio Operator Permit (MP).
- GMDSS Radio Maintainer’s License (DM): The GMDSS Radio Maintainer’s License (DM) qualifies personnel as GMDSS radio maintainers to perform at sea repair and maintenance of GMDSS equipment. It also confers the operating authority of the General Radio Telephone Operator (PG) and Marine Radio Operator Permit (MP).
- GMDSS Radio Operator/Maintainer License (DB): The GMDSS Radio Operator/Maintainer License (DB) confers the operating authority of the GMDSS Radio Operator (DO) and the GMDSS Radio Maintainer (DM). It also confers the operating authority of the General Radio Telephone Operator (PG) and Marine Radio Operator Permit (MP).
- Restricted GMDSS Radio Operator’s License (RG): The Restricted GMDSS Radio Operator’s License (RG) qualifies the holder to operate - and make some basic equipment adjustments to - Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) radio installations, but only on voyages that remain within 20 nautical miles of shore. It also confers the operating authority of the Marine Radio Operator Permit.
- Ship Radar Endorsement: Only persons whose commercial radio operator license bears the FCC Ship Radar endorsement may repair, maintain, or internally adjust ship radar equipment. The FCC Ship Radar Endorsement is comprised of FCC Element 8.
LAST UPDATED ON Nov 25, 2021