STCW Compliant and IYT & MCA Approved Yacht Crew Training and UKLAP CeC Programs in Naples, Italy
Located at Naples in Italy, Crew Training Solutions (CTS) is a professional maritime training centre approved by International Yacht Training (IYT) to run professional courses & exams leading towards & including the Master of Yachts Certificate of Competence (CoC). CTS is also the only MCA (Maritime & Coastguard Agency) training centre in Italy approved to deliver the full STCW 2010 courses and provides various courses and training programs.
CTS is also the SQA (Scottish Qualification Authority) appointed exam centre in Italy for the UKLAP Grade 1 - a mandatory required qualification in order to obtain a UK / Red Ensign CeC. CTS provides seafarers of any nationality with the latest, most valid and industry recognized training to assist entry into the industry or further career development.
The course objectives are to equip candidates with the knowledge and understanding of all elements necessary to obtain the relevant Certificate of Competency (CoC) accordance with the UK / Red Ensign MCA requirements.
CTS & IYT Courses
- STCW Basic Training 95/10 (Marshall Island & MCA)
- Master of Yachts Limited Power and Sail (MCA approved)
- Master of Yachts Unlimited (MCA approved)
- Yachtmaster Coastal Power
- Yachtmaster Offshore Power and Sail
- Yachtmaster Ocean
- MCA ICC 24m Sail, 24m Power Coastal and Inland
- MCA Small Powerboat & RIB Master
- Personal Watercraft Operations
- Superyacht Deck Crew & SPBRIB
- Professional Superyacht Hospitality (Stew/Stewardess Training - Interior Crew)
- Superyacht Chef
- VHF Marine Communication Master SRC
- MCA Master 200 GT / OOW 500 oral prep and exam (7 days): The MCA Master 200 qualification is seen by many seafarers as the next significant step in their professional maritime career because the MCA Master 200 will provide internationally recognized operation through the STCW convention.
- H.E.L.M. (Human Elements, Leadership & Management ) Operational: This course is designed to meet the mandatory requirements for training in the human element, leadership and management at the operational level as set out in Regulations II and III of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers (STCW).
- MCA STCW 95/10 Basic Training (5.5 days)
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW Section A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention (STCW Section A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW Section A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (STCW Section A-VI/1-4)
- Proficiency in Security Awareness (STCW Section A-VI/6-1)
- UK Legal and Administrative Process (UKLAP): All applicants will be required to take a written examination to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of UK law and administrative processes through the medium of written English, unless they hold appropriate qualifications. This examination will be administered by SQA at Crew training Solutions venue in Italy.
- Certificate of Equivalent Competency: The Certificate of Equivalent Competency may be issued, on application to the MCA, to officers / seafarers who are not UK nationals but who hold STCW or fishing vessel certificates issued by a selection of other maritime administrations. The MCA will need to be satisfied that there are no significant differences from the standards which are applied to candidates for the UK’s existing Certificates of Competency.