USCG Approved Captains and Master Licenses & Other Marine Training Programs in Anchorage
Located in Anchorage in Alaska, Alaska Nautical School (ANS) provides U.S. Coast Guard approved Maritime training. The school furnishes all books and supplies for the courses and, furnishes a coast guard application packet in class and help students to fill out the necessary forms. The classroom is located close to the airport and a motel that will give the students a discount. The classroom and the motel are both located in walking distance to lots of restaurants and several shopping malls.
The objective of Alaska Nautical School is to prepare the students to pass the USCG exams, which are administered by an ANS Instructor, and to become a licensed marine professional. Students will receive certificates upon successful completion which can then be used to obtain a USCG License with no further testing. The tuition includes all class materials, publications, navigation tools, workbooks, tide tables and tidal current books. Classroom in Anchorage is located at 840 W. Fireweed Lane in the American Legion Building. ANS also offers classes in communities throughout Alaska.
USCG License Programs
- OUPV Restricted to the Freshwaters and Rivers of Western Alaska (2 days): Service requirements include - 90 days total service - 30 days may be on a drift boat being used on guided trips - 60 days on motorized vessels.
- Master Up To 100 GT Near Costal -Includes 6 Pack License (10 days): Service requirements include - 360 days total service on any waters. 90 days on vessels over 50 GT, or 180 days on vessels over 34 GT. (with smaller vessels may get 50 GT or 25 GT). A Masters License is NOT a limited license.
- OUPV Near Coastal, 6-Pack (7 days): Service requirements include - 360 days total service including at least 90 days on near coastal waters.
Other License and Classes
- Upgrade 100 GT Master to 200 GT Master (3 days)
- Able Seaman (5 days)
- Red Cross CPR / First Aid training is available in as needed for the Masters, OUPV Near Coastal and OUPV Restricted to Freshwaters and Rivers classes.
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 24, 2018