USCG Maritime Licensing, Renewal and Upgrades of Licenses, Tutoring for License Exams, Boat License Programs in Anchorage
Located at Anchorage AK, Alaska Waters Consulting offers US Coast Guard Licensing, Renewal and Upgrades of Licenses, Tutoring for License exams up to and including Celestial Navigation, Employment opportunities in the Alaska Guiding and Maritime Industry and customized orientation and training for people or companies in the Alaskan Maritime Industry.
Alaska Waters Consulting assists you in gathering documentation that is required for you to obtain your license. They also offer exam prep for various other licenses and topics and, application assistance and license consultation. Other services include - Marine Insurance, Vessel Leasing, Boat Deliveries, and Maritime Employment.
- Restricted Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessel (Restricted OUPV): The Restricted Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels on the Fresh Waters of Western Alaska [Restricted 6 pack] is a 2 day class for persons who will be taking up to 6 passengers for hire on the lakes and rivers of western Alaska.
- OUPV License (Six Pack License): Anyone taking out passengers for hire aboard a vessel on Inland or Near Coastal US waters must have at least a USCG License for Operator of Uninspected Passenger Vessels (OUPV).
- 25/50/100 Ton Masters License: Tonnage will be based on the size vessels you have been operating during the last 3 years and will be limited at 25, 50 or 100 Gross Registered Tons accordingly. The Masters license is endorsed with an Inland or Near Coastal route limitation based on the bodies of water where you have obtained your sea experience.
- 100 Ton Masters Upgrade: The duration of this course is 24 hours of instruction and additional time for testing. Upon successful completion you will be issued a certificate to present to the USCG REC. With a Masters license you will legally be able to operate inspected vessels documented to carry six or more passengers.
- 200 Ton Masters Upgrade: The Masters 200 Tons license is endorsed with an Inland or Near Coastal route limitation based on the bodies of water where you have obtained your sea experience.
- 200 Ton Masters/Mate Upgrade: Upon successful completion (attendance and passing required exams), you will receive a Certificate of Training valid for one year from the date thereon. This certificate is submitted to a USCG Regional Exam Center along with a completed USCG Application.
Other USCG Courses
- Navigation Rules of the Road
- Celestial Navigation
Boat License Programs
- Alaska Waterwise: This course has been approved by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) and is recognized by the U.S. Coast Guard. The course satisfies most states' boating safety education requirements and may qualify boaters for boat insurance discounts.
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 24, 2018