Translate to Your Language
Logistics & Supply Chain Management; and Transport Operations & Technology Education in Dublin, Ireland
Dublin Institute of Technology (Institiúid Teicneolaíochta Bhaile Atha Cliath) - DIT has been an integral part of the Irish Higher Education system for more than a century. DIT is now one of Ireland’s largest and most innovative university-level institutions and continues to build on its long tradition of providing education from certificate to doctorate level. There are 20,000 students registered in DIT, and over 2000 members of staff. Nearly 20% of the student body comes from outside Ireland, creating a culturally diverse and stimulating teaching and research environment.
A comprehensive, dual-sector doctoral-awarding institution, DIT combines the academic excellence of a traditional university with professional, career-oriented learning, preparing graduates for productive leadership roles. Dublin is a lively European capital city with a vibrant cultural life and a large, young, student population. Currently based on six campus sites in the city centre, within five years DIT will relocate all its activities to a new education and research campus in the heart of the city at Grangegorman.
The School of Management, based in the modern premises at Aungier Street, offers a range of full-time and part-time courses in business and management and the programs at DIT Graduate Business School are focused on maximizing an individual's capacity for leadership and are deeply practice oriented.
- BSc in Logistics & Supply Chain Management - Level 8 (Full-time): he aim of the programme is to provide an intellectual formation and a path to personal development which will develop a graduate equipped with a comprehensive understanding of the philosophies and theoretical perspectives which inform sound logistics and supply chain management. Students can avail of a 6 month placement in the 3rd year of the course. The student will have an opportunity to acquire relevant, real world experience in a business setting.
- BSc in Transport Operations & Technology Level 8 (4 years): This program covers road, rail, air and sea transport from both operational and technological perspectives. The skills and knowledge acquired will be applicable at senior management levels in many transport related businesses. The Degree in Transport Operations & Technology will give graduates the opportunity to gain employment in a technical/managerial capacity in one or other of the transport sectors - road, rail, sea and air.
- Admissions Requirement: Irish equivalent high school diploma with mathematics and English and other required subjects. Please check the catalog for more information on equivalence of qualifications.
- MSc in Supply Chain Management (Full time - 1 year): The aim of the full-time M.Sc programme is to develop these professionals - the leaders of change and business improvement in manufacturing, process, retail, transport and logistics service companies. IT achieves this through broad-based vocational postgraduate education, providing the student with a thorough knowldege of and competence in the key elements of logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- MSc in Supply Chain Management (Part-time, up to 3 years): The aim of the programme is to develop the leaders of change and business improvement in manufacturing, process, transport and logistics service companies. It achieves this through broad-based vocational postgraduate education, providing a thorough understanding of the key elements of logistics, technology, operational management and business.
- Admissions Requirements: Participants are either degree holders in any discipline (2.2 grade or higher) or equivalent. All are expected to have at least three years relevant work experience, and to fit the profile of a manager or technical professional needing balanced logistics, technology, operational management and business capabilities. IELTS 6.0 for international students.
- Gaeltacht Scholarships
- Sports scholarships
- Fiosraigh Research Scholarship