USCG Approved OUPV & Master Licenses and Towing & Sailing Endorsement Training in Jordan, Duluth, Baudette, and Grand Marais MN
Training Mariners since 1988, Ted Gephart Superior Marine Training prepares participants for United Stated Coast Guard Merchant Mariner License at various places in Minnesota. Courses are available for your OUPV (aka 6 pak or Captain’s license), your Masters, the Towing or Sailing certificates or you need a refresher.
The goal is to help as many people as possible become certified so they can move forward with their boating goals. Most locations have CPR first aid, DOT panel five screening and physical on-site available.
Superior Marine Training regularly hold classes in four Minnesota locations - Jordan, just southeast of Minneapolis, Duluth, Baudette and Grand Marais.
Licenses - OUPV
- Operator Uninspected Passenger Vessels OUPV (commonly known as 6 Pack or Captain’s license) Inland
- OUPV Great Lakes (sea service must show 90 days on the Great Lakes)
- OUPV Near Coastal (sea service must show 90 days in COLREGS waters - Ocean, Gulf of Mexico etc.)
Licenses - Masters Classes
- Master (Inland)
- Master Great Lakes ( sea service must show 90 days on the Great Lakes)
- Master Near Coastal ( sea service must show 360 days in near coastal waters, +360 anywhere or a current license)
- Towing endorsement
- Sailing endorsement
- Near Coastal Rules of the Road
LAST UPDATED ON May 21, 2019