Change the Language
Global Logistics Technology and Supply Chain Management Education
One of the 58 institutions of the North Carolina Community College System, VGCC is the local source for higher education and training in Vance, Granville, Franklin and Warren counties. With a service area the size of Rhode Island, VGCC operates four attractive campuses, one in each county: Main Campus in Vance County, South Campus in Granville County (between Creedmoor and Butner), the Franklin County Campus (just west of Louisburg) and the Warren County Campus (Warrenton).
VGCC offers more than 40 curriculum programs, in which students work toward certificates, diplomas and degrees. Area residents and businesses can also take advantage of a variety of Community & Economic Development opportunities, including the GED and Adult High School Diploma programs. High school students can also get a step ahead by starting their college education early with VGCC courses.
Vance-Granville Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees.
- AAS in Global Logistics Technology: The Global Logistics Technology curriculum prepares individuals for a multitude of career opportunities in distribution, transportation and manufacturing organizations. Classroom instruction, field of study experiences and practical laboratory applications of logistics management and global technology capabilities are included in the program of study. Course work includes computer applications, accounting, business law, economics, management, industrial sciences, and international studies. Students will solve different levels of logistics-related problems through case study evaluations and supply chain projects utilizing logistical hardware and intelligent software tools.
- Certificate in Global Supply Chain
- Certificate in Logistics Management
- Certificate in Secure Logistics
- Certificate in Transportation Logistics
You will learn how companies manage order fulfillment, purchase raw materials, manage warehouses, and arrange domestic and international transportation services. You will also learn about freight forwarders, shippers, supply chain collaboration, importing, exporting, third party logistics, and logistics technology.