Online Degree and Certificate Programs in Supply Chain, Distribution, Transportation Management by Wake Tech CC
Wake Technical Community College (WAKE TECH) is a two-year, public institution serving Raleigh, North Carolina, and surrounding Wake County. It was chartered in 1958 as the Wake County Industrial Education Center and began operation in 1963 with 34 full-time students. In 1964 it was formally dedicated as the W.W. Holding Industrial Education Center. The college grew rapidly, and in 1987 its name was changed to Wake Technical Community College.
Wake Tech is part of the North Carolina Community College System and is currently the second largest community college in the state, with an annual enrollment of more than 65,000 students.
It is the goal at Wake Tech to provide superior online learning in an environment that is as accessible to diverse learning community as possible. Each member of the faculty and support team is committed to empowering students and facilitating success.
Wake Technical Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
AAS Degree Programs
- Supply Chain Management - Distribution Management AAS Degree (online): Graduates should qualify for positions in a wide range of logistics related positions in government agencies, manufacturing, and service organizations. Employment opportunities include entry level purchasing, material management, warehousing, inventory, transportation, international freight, and logistics analysts.
- Supply Chain Management - Global Logistics Technology - AAS Degree (online): The Global Logistics / Distribution Management Technology curriculum prepares individuals for a multitude of career opportunities in distribution, transportation, warehousing, supply chain, and manufacturing organizations.
- Upon completion, graduates may be eligible to pursue professional credentials through APICS, AST&L, CSCMP, and ISM.
- Distribution Management Core - Certificate (online): This certificate is designed to give students a broad foundation in distribution management. Emphasis is placed on providing an overview of the major functions of arranging and coordinating the transportation of products globally. Students will also gain an understanding of all activities involved in the flow of products and information between the suppliers, customers, producers, and service providers. Upon completion students will understand the basics of distribution management.
- International Logistics - Certificate (online): This certificate is designed to give students a broad foundation in the global supply chain. Emphasis is placed on import/export management, purchasing and the impact on materials management, supply chain, transportation, and global logistics processes. Upon completion students will understand the global supply chain.
- Logistics Core - Certificate (online): This certificate is designed to give students a broad foundation in logistics. Emphasis is placed on the various modes of domestic transportation, the movement and storage of goods from raw materials sources to end consumers, warehouse and distribution center management, and management skills. Upon completion students will understand the basics of logistics management.
- Supply Chain - Certificate (online): This certificate is designed to give students a broad foundation in the supply chain. Emphasis is placed on the activities of logistics, the various modes of domestic transportation, warehousing and distribution center management, and supply chain management. Upon completion students will understand the supply chain.
- Transportation Management - Certificate (online): This certificate is designed to give students a broad foundation in transportations and distribution management.
- Upon completion, graduates may be eligible to pursue professional credentials such as Certified Logistics Associate (CLA) Certificate and the Certified Logistics Technician (CLT ) Certification through the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC).
LAST UPDATED ON Jan 4, 2023