GMDSS LRC, ROC, GOC, COS Training and GMDSS Refresher Oral Prep/GOC Pre Course Study Programs in Shorwell, Isle of Wight
Located in Shorwell, Isle of Wight, UK, RT Training is a leader in specialist courses in marine radio communication, accredited by the MCA (Maritime and Coastguard Agency). Situated in the South of England the Isle of Wight the center is not far from Southampton Airport, a little over two hours by train / fastcat from central London.
RT Training instructor taught and examined GMDSS at the UKSA, Blue Water (Antibes), was the senior lecturer for communications at Warsash Maritime Academy, and spent seven years as the radio trainer / subject matter expert for the RNLI.
RT Training work hard to provide low costs, best value radio training, leave you with a good understanding of radio and to maintain the 100% pass rate for the MCA, GOC, ROC, and LRC courses.
Marine Radio Courses
- GMDSS - Long Range Certificate (4 days): This course is designed for seafarers who sail out of range of VHF coastal stations (approx 50nm) and require the security of effective world-wide communications (valid for vessels up to 300 grt). The Long Range Certificate is a GMDSS qualification which will qualify the operator for use of both MF/HF (SSB) and VHF equipment.
- GMDSS - Restricted Operator's Certificate (ROC) (3 days): The GMDSS Restricted Operator's Certificate (ROC) has been introduced by the MCA to serve the needs of SOLAS Conventions vessels that sail exclusively within GMDSS A1 Sea Areas. On such ships bridge watch-keepers require the ROC or the higher-grade General Certificate (GOC). with the STCW endorsement.
- GMDSS General Operator Certificate (GOC) (8 days): The GOC certificate is the highest GMDSS operators qualification suitable for the professional mariner including Merchant Navy Deck Officers, offshore Radio Operators serving on mobile platforms and Commercial Yachtmasters. This M.C.A. certificate can be STCW endorsed and permits the holder to operate the radio installation on GMDSS compliant/compulsorily equipped vessels operating in any of the GMDSS Sea areas (A1 - A4).
- CAA Restricted Operator's Certificate of Competence (OCS) (3 days): If your maritime operation involves communication with rotary and fixed wing aircraft then you require the Restricted Operator Certificates of Competence (ROCC).
- GMDSS Refresher Oral Prep / GOC Pre Course Study (1 day): A refresher, pre-course training, or because you are interested in GMDSS. This could also be used to help you prepare you for the full GOC course.
LAST UPDATED ON Dec 4, 2021