RYA Approved Powerboat, Marine Radio and First Aid Training & Other Courses in Anglesey, North Wales
Based in Anglesey Wales, Seacoast Training provides RYA Training programs in their yard with fully equipped heated classroom based at Gallows Point, Beaumaris where there’s also a chandlery, petrol station and several other marine based businesses.
The sheltered waters attract many boaters; with plenty of marinas, piers and moorings, several places to launch and recover and the proximity for easy access to the rest of the north Wales coast.
The tidal range at the northern end of the straits can be over 7.5m on spring tides, so with some of Britain’s most challenging tidal conditions and navigation it’s a great place to learn under safe, skilled and professional instruction.
Seacoast Training has8m commercial RIBs with powerful engines, but don’t let that put you off if you’re new to boating we also have a 5.5m RIB with a75hp outboard for a more gentle introduction. The boats include - Vanguard 8m commercial RIB 300hp, Vanguard 8m commercial RIB twin 150hp Mercury engines, and 5.5m Humber RIB 75hp Mercury engine.
Anglesey is an island in Wales, off the mainland's coast and known for its beaches and ancient sites.
RYA Training Programs
- RYA Powerboat Level One Course: This one-day certified course has been designed as an interactive fun day for children from 8 years old, but also great for adults wanting an introduction to powerboating. Most of the day is spent on the water teaching safety and boat handling a RIB.
- RYA Powerboat Level Two Course (2 days): This RYA Powerboat Level Two course is great for beginners. You’ll be instructed by our professional team in both practical, water-based training as well as some classroom training where we’ll cover areas such as mooring and basic navigation. It focuses on low speed close quarters handling, man overboard recovery, an introduction to driving at planing speed, and collision regulations.
- RYA VHF - Marine Radio SRC Training Course & Exam (1 day): The SRC course may be taken in a classroom or online through an RYA Recognized Training Centre. There is no age limit for taking the SRC course although exam candidates must be 16 years or older on the day of the exam.
- RYA First Aid Training Course: The one-day course covers all the usual first aid subjects, but from a boating perspective. It is aimed at anyone who goes afloat, whether on inland waters, rivers, estuaries or on cross channel passages. In a medical emergency a little first aid knowledge, and immediate action, can save lives, especially in remote locations. This one-day course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using small craft and to support skippers.
- Powerboat Taster Session (1.5 hours): You’ll get a thorough safety briefing and boat induction, then your instructor will take you for a quick spin showing you what the boat is capable of before handing the helm over and guiding you through some of the basic techniques.
- Own Boat Tuition: Receiving training onboard your own boat can also be a cost-effective way for the whole family to learn in a relaxed and familiar environment. If you just want some advice on navigating the local waters and getting to know the local tidal conditions, that is also possible.
LAST UPDATED ON Dec 18, 2020