Logistics, Supply Chain & Procurement Management Education and, CIPS Training in Pontypridd
University of South Wales (USW) was established in 2013 resulting from a merger between two institutions of higher learning - University of Glamorgan and the University of Wales, Newport in Wales. Both the institutions that have come together to create the University of South Wales have a rich and varied history, and can each trace their roots back more than 100 years.
Treforest and Glyntaff make up the Pontypridd Campus, the University of South Wales' largest campus. Other campuses include Cardiff, Newport City, USW Sport Park and Caerleon.
University of South Wales graduates find suitable employment in companies such as British Airways, General Electric, Sony and Tata to the NHS, local authorities and the BBC. The university has a strong history in working with business.
USW has a strong record of employability, with 95% of the graduates in employment or further study six months after completing their courses according to HEFCW Performance Indicator 2012/13 (HESA).
The University of South Wales is a preferred provider of professional and Masters level qualifications for the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
Undergraduate Degree Programs
- BSc (Hons) Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain Management (3 years or 4 years sandwich, full time): This program is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply and offers a future facing and integrated business education covering the main disciplines and operational areas of business, whilst focusing on supporting students to develop the skills and competencies required in a contemporary and future labor market. In addition with 3 years relevant work experience you will also receive free student membership to CIPS.
- BA (Hons) Business and Supply Chain Management (Top Up) (1 year full time): With this program, you'll discover the importance of business relationships in a supply chain context. Specifically designed for students who have already obtained a HND or equivalent qualification, the BA (Hons) Business Management (Supply Chain Management) (Top Up) allows you to top up to a full bachelor degree in less than a year.
Masters Degree Programs
- MSc International Logistics and Supply Chain Management (1 year full time & 2 years part time at Newport City Campus): This multi-accredited Masters degree in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management has been designed to provide you with the specialist skills to confidently manage and adapt supply chains, enabling you to become a pioneer of logistics strategy. With a strong emphasis on sustainability and risk management, the course will prepare you for the worldwide challenges facing modern business. The program is accredited by three leading professional bodies, including the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply, and the Institute of Operations Management.
- MSc Strategic Procurement Management (1 year full time & 2 years part time at Newport City Campus): If you want a career in procurement management, the specialist program offers high-level strategic teaching in all areas of this growing field. USW’s MSc Strategic Procurement Managements is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), the sector’s professional body. On successful completion, you will gain the MCIPS (with three years’ work experience).
- MSc International Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Top Up) (Top Up) (12-18 months part time):This course is designed to allow experienced supply chain professionals (as evidenced by MCIPS status) to “top-up” their existing qualifications and experience to a Masters Degree by completing two taught modules and an independent dissertation project.
- MSc Strategic Procurement Management (Top Up) (12-18 months part time): This course is designed to allow experienced supply chain professionals (as evidenced by MCIPS status) to top-up their existing qualifications and experience to a Masters Degree by completing two taught modules and an independent dissertation project.
- CIPS Diploma in Procurement and Supply (1 year part time): The Diploma is the first stage of CIPS qualifications. Once this has been awarded, you can proceed to the Advanced Diploma and then the Professional Diploma. This ladder of qualification leads to Corporate Membership of the CIPS, namely MCIPS. This is regarded by most businesses and organizations as the gold standard route to MCIPS, because of its practical learning element.
- CIPS Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply (1 year part time): This ladder of qualification leads to Corporate Membership of CIPS, namely MCIPS, and is regarded by most businesses and organizations as the gold standard route to MCIPS because of its practical learning element. This course is particularly suitable if you are employed or have experience in purchasing, logistics, stores, inventory, contracts and other areas of supply chain management in the public or private sector.