Transport Canada Approved SSO, VPWSR, MFSO and Leadership and Managerial Skills Training Programs Online
Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, PortBeacon Training Services provides on-demand professional maritime security training to Mariners and Port Facility personnel in flexible training locations throughout Canada. PortBeacon is also provides in-house training.
PortBeacon is an approved institution by Transport Canada and provide the most up to date requirements in Marine Security. The instructors have decades of certified training experience and each instructor is recognized and approved to instruct by Transport Canada.
PortBeacon is approved for online remote training by Transport Canada and each registrant will have their course material mailed to their residence. You will be emailed an invitation to join the live video session, which will allow interactions with the certified instructor and other classmates. After successfully completing your exam, you will be mailed your certificates of course completion.
Transport Canada Approved Online Training
- Leadership and Managerial Skills: This is an advanced course designed to provide the seafarer at the management level with non-technical skills in human factors to control the operation of the ship and care for the people on board more effectively.
- Ship Security Officer: This course provides knowledge to those who may be designated to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Ship Security Officer (SSO), as defined in section A/2.1.6 (and section A/12.1) of the ISPS Code.
- Vessel Personnel With Security Responsibilities: This course provides knowledge to those who may be designated to perform the duties and responsibilities of seafarers with designated security responsibilities, as defined in Table A-VI/6-2 of the STCW Code.
- Marine/Port Facility Security Officer (MFSO/PFSO): This course provides knowledge to those who may be designated to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Port/Marine Facility Security Officer (MFSO), as defined in section A 2-1-8 / section A 17) of the ISPS Code.
- PWSR: Personnel With Security Responsibilities
- VPWOSR: Vessel Personnel Without Security Responsibilities
- PWOSR: Personnel Without Security Responsibilities (Security Awareness)
- Internal Auditing
You May Also Check
- Transport Canada Approved Online Training Programs: STCW Security Awareness Course (PSA), STCW Designated Security Duties (PDSD), ISPS Company Security Officer Course (CSO), STCW Ship Security Officer Course (SSO), ISM Designated Person Ashore Course (DPA) & ISPS Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO)
LAST UPDATED ON Aug 6, 2022