Transport Canada and Marshall Islands Approved Courses STCW Training Programs & ISM, ISPC and MLC Courses in Montreal, Quebec, Halifax, Toronto, Ottawa, and Vancouver
Located at Orleans, Ontario in Canada, CIBS Marine (Canadian International Bureau of Shipping - CIBS Group), is a Canadian incorporation established in Canada, active in different sectors offering One-Stop-Shop where multitude services are offered, focusing in Ships, Ports/Terminals, Crewing, Freight Forwarding and Management Consultant Services.
CIBS knowledge and experience are in the marine survey, inspection and investigation, consultancy, Ships Registrations, training and auditing, Loss Control, CDI-T, C-TPAT, Port State Control facilitator, Flag Inspector, Lead auditor (ISM, ISO, ISPS, MLC 2006) and much more that meet international recognized standards.
CIBS offers a broad range of marine courses to meet the training requirements needed by the industries and the training is conducted in Montreal, Quebec, Halifax, Toronto, Ottawa, and Vancouver. Marine courses are also delivered at client sites and other CIBS locations.
Together with the marine industries, CIBS develops and delivers training for many maritime academia as per IMO Model courses.
Transport Canada & Marshall Islands Approved Courses
- Ship Security Officer Course (SSO) (3 days): The course is intended to provide participants who are being assigned the position as one of the aforementioned officers, the knowledge required to execute their duties in a satisfactory and professional manner. It conforms to the requirements of SOLAS 74 XI-2, as amended, the IMO ISPS Code, MTSA SSO Model course and STCW regulations, code Table VI/5.
- Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities (VPWSR) (2 days): This course is intended to provide participants who are being assigned the position as one of the aforementioned officers, the knowledge required to execute their duties in a satisfactory and professional manner. It conforms to the requirements of SOLAS 74 XI-2, as amended, the IMO ISPS Code, MTSA SSO Model course and STCW regulations, code Table VI/5.
- Leadership and Teamwork (LTW): The course is intended to provide the student with the knowledge, skill and understanding of leadership and teamwork at the operational level on board a ship. It is designed to meet STCW requirements for the application of leadership and team working skills, in accordance with the 2010 Manila Amendments of STCW, specifically as stated in Table A-II/1, Table A-III/1, and Table A-III/6 (operational level) of the Annex A of the STCW Code.
- Leadership and Managerial Skills (LMS): This is an advanced course designed to provide the seafarer at the management level with non-technical skills in human factors in order to control the operation of the ship and care for the people on board more effectively.
ISM & ISPS Courses
- International Safety Management (ISM) (2 days): This course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to actively participate in internal audits. The course is intended to enable participants to develop an understanding of the requirements of the ISM Code, an awareness of the auditing process, a knowledge of the documents issued in conjunction with the ISM Code, and an appreciation of the relationship between quality systems and the ISM Code. This course is made for all staff and DPA.
- ISPS Introduction (1 day): This course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to be responsible for the security and safety of your ships. This course is made for the PFSO and SSO including all personal of security.
MLC 2006 Courses
- Maritime Labour Convention (MLC2006) (2 days): The Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 (MLC, 2006) contains an important new compliance and enforcement component based on a flag State ship inspection and certification system, and port State control.
- ISO 9001 (2 days): ISO 9001 is defined as the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). Organizations use the standard to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- Shipping Introduction (1 day): This course is designed to provide participants to understand an overview of the shipping industry. The course defines and describes all aspects of shipping, the personnel who work in it, the history behind it and touches on the financial side of the industry.
You May Also Check
- Transport Canada Approved Online Training Programs: STCW Security Awareness Course (PSA), STCW Designated Security Duties (PDSD), ISPS Company Security Officer Course (CSO), STCW Ship Security Officer Course (SSO), ISM Designated Person Ashore Course (DPA) & ISPS Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO)
Last Updated: June 20, 2021