Translate to Your Language
Supply Chain Management College Programs and SCMP Designation Training in Toronto, Canada
Established in 1967, Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning (Humber College) is a polytechnic institute and is one of Canada's largest and most diverse colleges. The campuses are located at northwest Toronto (North Campus), west end of Toronto (Lakeshore Campus), and northwest of Toronto (Orangeville Campus) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
With over 200,000 alumni and 50 years of experience, Humber continues to offer a wide range of high-quality educational options and experiences to students. The combined strength of full-time students at three campuses in Toronto is over 19,000 of which over 1000 students live on campuses. Humber offers over 170 programs including bachelor’s degree, diploma, certificate, post-graduate certificate and apprenticeship programs, across over 50 fields of study.
Most of Humber's programs contain a practical experimental component such as an internship, Co-op, or work placement. The Business School at Humber offers over 38 programs (from finance to fashion) covering more than a dozen fields , including a wide range of diploma, degree and postgraduate programs for the future business professional in areas such as supply chain management that are reflective of the new business landscape.
Academic & Training Programs
- Bachelor of Commerce - Supply Chain Management (Hons) (4 years, Lakeshore Campus): Humber’s Bachelor of Commerce in Supply Chain Management degree provides grounding in both general business knowledge and specialized supply chain skills across a wide range of industries. The emphasis on hands-on experience enables you to stand out in a highly competitive global marketplace. A senior-level business project in your fourth year allows you to gain experience with problem solving and decision-making in a team-based environment.
- Work Placement: The Humber Bachelor of Commerce - Supply Chain Management program requires that you complete 14 weeks/420 hours of paid work in the summer between your sixth and seventh semesters.
- Admissions Requirements: Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including required courses
- Ontario Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management (1 year, North Campus): Humber’s Supply Chain Management graduate certificate program provides you with a solid grounding in both business and global supply chain issues. You will also learn industry-standard theories, methods, and techniques (Six Sigma, Total Quality Management, Just-in-Time, Lean etc.) and how they apply to supply chain management strategies and problem solving. Humber is a SAP University Alliances member school, ensuring you learn this key supply chain management software.
- This program is recognized by the Canadian Supply Chain Sector Council (CSCSC) as an accredited program. Additionally, graduates of the program who meet the GPA requirements are eligible for advanced standing in a number of modules leading to the CSCMP designation offered by the Supply Chain Management Association of Ontario (SCMAO).
- Admission Requirements: A bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
Professional Designation (SCMP) Training
- Strategic Supply Chain Management Leadership Certificate leading to SCMP Designation (36 months, Part-time, North Campus): in partnership with the Supply Chain Management of Ontario (SCMAO), offers this certificate program whichis a graduate level, competency-based curriculum leading to the Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation. This program delivers advanced supply chain management knowledge and high level business skills.
- Admissions: Potential participants must apply to the program through the Supply Chain Management Association Ontario (SCMAO). Once confirmation of acceptance from SCMAO is received, register for the individual course with Humber.
- SCMP Designation Requirements: After successful completion of the 8 courses, students still require to complete - Six interactive workshops, in residence week and practical experience requirement, and final examination - all at SCMAO.