Translate to Your Language
Purchasing & Supply Chain, and Customs Border Services Programs & Online Courses in Supply Chain in Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Founded in 1967 and located at Belleville, Ontario, Canada, Loyalist College of Applied Arts and Technology (Loyalist College) offers a comprehensive range of career-oriented education and training opportunities to support and enhance the economic and social development of individuals and communities. Loyalist College houses some of its students in the Loyalist College Residence located on the college which houses over 400 students including townhouse blocks for over 100 students.
A recent study found that the College generates 6,000 jobs in the region, and more than 1,000 new graduates are added to the workforce each year. The College also provides economic benefits through applied research and consulting services, which lead to increased economic activity. The College sits on the border between Belleville and Quinte West, just north of Prince Edward County. These scenic waterfront regions are tucked in among agricultural producers and some of the province’s tourist destination.
The Loyalist College On-Campus Employment Initiative provides part-time employment for full-time students at Loyalist College who qualify under the financial need guidelines. Over 200 on-campus jobs are created each year and, students earn needed income including valuable job experience.
- Ontario College Diploma in Customs Border Services (CUSB) (2 years): Customs compliance and border security have emerged as areas of national focus in public safety and global trade. Train for a career in this dynamic segment of the Canadian economy. Graduates of this innovative program are extremely well regarded by employers and business is booming. In just two years, you can train for a lucrative career within the government or the private sector. Loyalist’s border simulations have been used by the Canada Border Services Agency to train new recruits. Graduates are permitted to enrol in the Canadian Society of Customs Brokers (CSCB) Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) course without having to meet the one-year work requirement.
- Admission requirements (CUSB): OSSD/OSSGD or equivalent with courses at the general, advanced, (C), (U) or (M) level, AND Grade 12 English (C) level or equivalent; OR Mature applicant; Also, applicants with a related degree or diploma may be considered for advanced standing or direct entry into year two.
- Ontario College Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management - Global Logistics (LOGS) (1 year): The course prepare students hands on for a career in supply chain management concentrating on trade compliance and logistics planning, and they gain a depth of knowledge in customs, including compliance, risk management and the global movement of goods. This program also helps gain workplace experience with a four-week field.
- Admission Requirements (LOGS): Degree or diploma in a related field and, applicants with a degree or diploma in an unrelated field, or significant related work experience, will be considered on an individual basis.Loyalist’s program is accredited by the Canadian Supply Chain Sector Council through its National Accreditation Program.
Continuing Education Programs (Online)
- Supply Chain & Logistics Management Certificate: Automatic exemption is granted for students successfully completing similar courses through Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC). Military personnel, MOCs 911, 933 and 935 are eligible for exemptions based on military training and experience.
- Supply Chain Administration (3.5) months: In this course, students will evaluate the appropriateness of various modes of transportation and distribution networks in a range of situations.
- Prerequisite for above programs: Candidates should have a two or three-year college diploma or equivalent from a program in Business, Accounting, Civil Engineering, Hospitality, Information Technology, Transportation or significant work experience in a related field.