What is your Language? (Select to translate)
Following Programs are not available at Sault College at the moment. Please check back later or visit our Canada section for simialr programs
Sault College of Applied Arts and Technology is one of 24 publicly funded colleges in Ontario. Sault College is located in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and began in 1965 as the Ontario Vocational Centre. Today, Sault College offers full-time and part-time opportunities for students in post-secondary, apprenticeship, adult retraining, continuing education, and contract training program categories.
Sault College has grown tremendously over the years, adding programs in all disciplines. They now respond to the postsecondary educational needs of more than 9,000 part-time and full-time students each year. Some of the more popular programs include: Police Foundations, Aviation, Liberal Studies, Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN), Fish and Wildlife and Social Services Worker.
- Motive Power Fundamentals - Marine and Small Engine Repair Certificate (1 year): This one-year post-secondary certificate program prepares individuals to pursue a career as a Small Engine or Marine Engine Mechanic or other entry-level positions in various Marine and Small Engine environments. Graduates may pursue employment as a Small Engine Mechanic apprentice or Marine Engine Mechanic apprentice, entry-level positions in dealerships, marinas, parts, service, retail, and self-employment.
Marine Apprenticeship Program
- Marine Engine Mechanic Apprentice (24 weeks): Students enrolled in this apprenticeship program will attend three eight-week sections of in-school training. The Marine Engine Mechanic curriculum has been developed in keeping with the prescribed Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities Workplace Support Services Branch. This in-school curriculum reflects the content necessary for appropriate progression through Phases I and II which are also common for the trade of Small Engine Mechanic. Phase III contains the specialty curriculum to complete the Marine Engine Mechanic program.
Sault College Facts
- Campus Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
- Legal Recognition / Accreditation: Public institution recognized under a public act. Enabling Legislation: Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Act
- Memberships/Affiliations: Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC)
Note: Above Programs are not available at Sault College at the moment. Please check back later or visit our Canada Section for similar programs
LAST UPDATED ON January 15, 2018