Translate to Your Language
Marine Apprenticeship, Maritime Short Courses, and Supply Chain Management Program at Canadore College Ontario, Canada
Founded in 1967, Canadore College of Applied Arts And Technology is located in North Bay, Ontario, Canada. Canadore has an enrolment of 3,500 full-time students, 4,500 part-time students and 34,000 graduates since its founding. The three main campuses are situated in the city of North Bay, just 180 minutes north of Toronto, the Aviation Campus, Commerce Court and the Education Center, which is situated on a 650-acre wooded escarpment overlooking the city.
Canadore offers more than 80 full-time postsecondary programs, along with the post-diploma programs, focused in several key academic sectors designed to give you the skills you need to become employed and stay employed. The college also offers several skilled trades and apprenticeship training which are offered in traditional as well as alternative delivery models.
Supply Chain Management Programs
- Ontario College Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management - Logistics (part-time): Potential students are eligible for PLAR credit for experiential learning or equivalent formal education. Automatic exemption is granted for students successfully completing similar courses through the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC). All courses are available through distance education. Candidates require a two- or three-year college diploma or equivalent from programs in Business, Civil Engineering, Hospitality, Information Technology, or Transportation, or significant work experience.
- Marine Small Engine Mechanic Apprentice Certificate (full-time): A marine engine technician inspects and maintains marine craft engine, electronic, steering, hydraulic, drive and propulsion, and braking systems for dealer and independent service shops and marina operators. Marine engine technician is a non-restricted certified trade regulated by the Apprenticeship and Certification Act. On successfully completing the apprenticeship program, a person working in this trade is entitled to a Certificate of Apprenticeship and can challenge the trade examination to obtain a Certificate of Qualification.
Short Maritime Courses
- SVOP Small Vessel Operator (4 days): The Small Vessel Operator Proficiency course is a Transport Canada Approved training course. Participants will gain a basic understanding of the hazards associated with the marine environment and their own vessel along with the prevention of shipboard incidents.
- Small Domestic Vessel Basic Safety (1 day): Small Domestic Vessel Basic Safety is a Transport Canada approved training course designed to provide seafarers with a basic understanding of the hazards associated with the marine environment and with their own vessel.
- Restricted Operator Certificate (6 days): The Maritime Radio course teaches emergency radio procedures and everyday operating techniques. What You Will Learn - Uses of marine radios, Choice of frequencies, Operation, Phonetic alphabet, Procedural words and phrases, Digital Selective Calling, and Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (DSC/GMDSS).
Canadore College Facts
- Campus Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
- Legal Recognition / Accreditation: Public Institution Recognized under a Public Act. Enabling Legislation:Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Act.
- Memberships/Affiliations: Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC) and Canadian Bureau of International Education (CBIE)
LAST UPDATED ON Apr 14, 2018