Translate to Your Language
Masters and Advanced Masters Programs in Naval Architecture, Maritime & Offshore Engineering, Navigation Electronics and Marine Energy in Bresta, France
Founded in 1971 and located at Brest - France, ENSTA Bretagne (École nationale supérieure de techniques avancées Bretagne) is a French national graduate engineering institute which offers three year engineering programs and part of the ENSTA Group which comprises of ENSTA Paris-Tech and ENSTA Bretagne. The programs offered at ENSTA Bretagne are wide and varied, encompassing different aspects of science, technology and human resource management. ENSTA Bretagne has also established itself in the field of research with its laboratories gaining wide recognition for their accomplishments and is currently running several research programs with their international partners.
The courses are of high quality and are designed to ensure that students have an excellent level of expertise in their chosen field of Engineering. Students are given the option of studying several foreign languages. It is also common for them to do their work placements abroad. There are three internships in the ENSTA Bretagne engineering curriculum which enables the student engineers to acquire 8 months of professional experience.
About 200 students graduate every year from ENSTA Bretagne. They join other ENSTA Bretagne trained Engineers already employed by major French and international companies active in various industries around the world. ENSTA Bretagne is located in Brest a city that lies on the western-most tip of France. Brest is the European capital of marine and oceanographic research. The degrees are recognized by the Conference des Grandes Ecoles.
- MSc in Engineering (Diplôme d'ingénieur) Naval Architecture and Offshore (3 years): This program imparts the depth of knowledge necessary for the advanced design of naval structures. It covers the aspects linked to the numerical modeling of these structures, so as to establish the response of a structure to the different loadings encountered, and examines the principal modes of wear and tear (fatigue, buckling etc) in view to structural dimensioning. The program is focused on three areas, Offshore Platforms, Advanced Naval Hydrodynamics, and Advanced Naval Structures. This program is for those who have completed their Post Bachelor Degree (Bsc) or equivalent.
- MSc in Engineering (Diplôme d'ingénieur) Naval Architecture and Offshore (2 years): This program is for those who have completed their first year of Master Degree.
- MSc in Maritime Engineering (1.5 years): This Master aims to train engineers capable of developing high-tech products enabling the exploitation of a wealth of ocean resources, the design of fixed and floating offshore structures such as a naval or offshore platform, a passenger boat, a sailboat, an aircraft carrier, a submarine, an offshore wind turbine, etc. This MSc is only open to foreign candidates. Admission is for those who have a 4 year post Baccalaureate graduate: EU BSc Degree + 30 ECTS.
Advanced Masters Programs
- Advanced Master in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering (1 year): This advanced masters program trains naval architects able to innovate and design ships and offshore platforms of all types, which are more advanced and respectful of the environment.
- Advanced Master in Sensors, Geolocation and Navigation (1 year): This Masters program trains engineers in the design, commissioning and maintenance of technological systems used in the fields of radar, electronic warfare (radar/communication), optronic warfare (countermeasures, decoys), inertial navigation systems, geolocation, complex navigation systems, sensor guidance and use systems, information fusion and choice of sensors.
- Advanced Master in Renewable Marine Energies (RME - 1 year): This Advanced Masters program in RME trains project or program managers dedicated to the development of energy production systems and farms at sea.
LAST UPDATED ON Feb 08, 2017