Graduate Trainee Schemes; Industrial & Summer Placements and, Career Opportunities in Naval Architecture; Marine Civil Engineering; Marine Engineering; and Marine Surveying
Established in 1985, BMT is a leading international multi-disciplinary engineering, science and technology consultancy offering a broad range of services, particularly in the defense, energy, environment, shipping and ports and logistics sectors. It was established by bringing together research and technology organizations that traced their roots back to the beginning of the 20th century.
BMT brings leading-edge consultancy, engineering, maintenance, forecasting, surveying and planning expertise to clients in the road, rail, water, intermodal and airborne transport sectors. BMT offers many services to the shipping sector, but has a growing involvement across the complete range of integrated solutions for more efficient and sustainable transport. BMT is also active in port development, bringing the benefits of new economic forecasting techniques coupled with advanced traffic modeling and risk assessment, both to investors and operators.
With over 1300 professionals working worldwide, BMT offers competitive salary and attractive benefits package. This varies by location but can include pension scheme, 401K plan, income protection insurance and a profit-sharing scheme within each individual operating company. Since 1998 BMT has distributed a total of £42.8m to its members of staff. To ensure BMT retains its independence and to remain totally un-biased an Employee Benefit Trust was set up as a vehicle to reward continuing individual commitment and dedication. All employees with three years' BMT service not only qualify for their company's individual profit-share, but also for the overall BMT profit-share, arising from the profits of BMT as a whole.
BMT GROUP Career Opportunities
- Graduate Trainees: In the region of 80% of BMT workforce are graduates and recruits some 90 - 100 graduates worldwide per year. Through sponsorship, training, bursaries and cross-placements BMT supports the employees in their career development and encourage them to hone their skills, pursue their ambitions and extend their professional qualifications.
- Naval Architecture: With clients throughout the commercial, defense and offshore energy sectors, BMT can offer you a wide variety of opportunities in naval architecture. With projects ranging from luxury yachts to catamaran ferries, and from high-speed emergency rescue vessels to the world's most advanced aircraft carrier, BMT uses its global knowledge and expertise to deliver cutting edge solutions for the customers.
- Marine Civil Engineering: With the marine civil engineering expertise in demand throughout the world, BMT can offer you opportunities to develop your skills on a variety of exciting projects. BMT provides the clients around the globe with extensive experience in project managing and designing major oil and gas terminals, jetties and container ports, as well as naval defense facilities and coastal protection schemes. BMT also has specialist knowledge of large scale bulk handling, advising on the optimal design and use of plant such as reclaimers, stackers, conveyors and storage areas.
- Marine Engineering: With a global reputation for providing ground-breaking solutions to complex marine engineering challenges, BMT offers outstanding opportunities to use and develop your skills in this field. BMT is involved in many high-profile projects for the Royal Navy UK and the track record of supporting the UK submarine flotilla through the Support Management Group contract is unparalleled. In the commercial sector BMT experience ranges from offshore cable layers to luxury cruise ships.
- Marine Surveying: With a worldwide reputation for high quality marine surveying, BMT offers a range of opportunities for you to develop your career and skills in this field. BMT's experienced surveyors, engineers, and naval architects offer round-the-clock vessel inspection and appraisal, supported by BMT's specialist knowledge in areas such as metallurgy, transport logistics and risk assessment. The clients include port authorities, governments, ship owners, cargo owners, marine insurers and lawyers.
- Transport Economic Analysis, Logistics and Cost Modeling: As BMT excels in providing the reliable forecasts and analyses upon which successful transport systems depend, it can offer exciting career opportunities in this area. The clients, including port authorities, rail operators, local authorities and transport investors, welcome BMT’s in-depth knowledge of transport operations and the related engineering, regulatory, environmental and business issues.
A sample list of opportunities available from time to time is given below:
- Electrical Engineer
- Intermediate Engineer
- Systems Technologist
- Senior Design Technologist - Naval Architecture
- Naval Architect – Senior Level
- Naval Architect – Intermediate Level
- Senior Naval Engineer
- Constructive Engineer
- Defects Investigation Engineer
- Submarine Experts
- Marine Safety Engineer - Underwater systems
- Marine Safety Engineer - Surface
- BMT Isis Graduate Opportunities
- BMT Defense Services Undergraduate Industrial Placements
- BMT Defense Services Undergraduate Summer Placements
- Graduate Opportunity – Weymouth
- Plus more