Translate to Your Language
Internships, Trainee Programs & Career Opportunities for Professionals in Marine & Energy Power Solutions
Wärtsilä is a global leader in complete lifecycle power solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasizing technological innovation and total efficiency, Wärtsilä maximizes the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. The company has operations in 160 locations in 70 countries around the world.
Wärtsilä is the leading provider of ship machinery, propulsion and maneuvering solutions and supplies engines and generating sets, reduction gears, propulsion equipment, control systems and sealing solutions for all types of vessels and offshore applications. Wärtsilä commands a strong position in all main marine segments as a supplier of highly rated ship machinery and systems. Also Wärtsilä supports its customers throughout the lifecycle of their installations. Wärtsilä provides service, maintenance and reconditioning solutions both for ship machinery and power plants.
With over 18,000 employees around the world, Wärtsilä takes care of its employees throughout the whole employment and creates a good workplace in which all employees have the chance to show their best and develop further their competencies. Employees are encouraged to utilize the variety of available Wärtsilä training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials. On-the-job learning, sharing ideas and making use of the various rotation possibilities are also encouraged.
WÄRTSILÄ Career Opportunities
Students & Graduates
- Internships and Final Thesis: Students in technical, business and legal study fields are offered internships and final thesis at Wärtsilä. You can advance your career with Wärtsilä before you graduate by participating in the internship program or completing your thesis. You will be around the most recent technology. The experience will help you to link your academic studies with your future career goals.
- Trainee Programs: Wärtsilä offers both local and global trainee programs for students. Wärtsilä offers students various opportunities to work as a trainee at one of Wärtsilä's more than 70 global offices.
A sample list of professional opportunities available around the world is listed below:
- 2 Stroke Supervisor/Superintendent
- Development Engineers Vessel Automation and Integrated Bridge Systems
- Electrical Project Engineer - E&A, Montrose, UK
- Engineering Manager - E&A, UK
- Project Engineers Vessel Automation
- Service Engineer
- Chief Project Engineers, Mechanical or Electrical
- Manager, Technical Services, El&Aut
- Field Service Engineer (MX1)
- Warehouse Inventory Count Expert
- Design Engineer, Various Diesel Engine Components
- Electrical and Automation Expert, Marine and Propulsion Solutions
- Design & Development Engineer 2-stroke Engine Equipment
- Test Engineer for Engine Management and Automation
- Plus many more..