What is your Language? (Select to translate)
Career Opportunities in Marine Operations (Deck, Electrical, Engine, Environmental & Security); Hotel Operations; and Cadet Training
Founded in 1969, Royal Caribbean International is a Norwegian and American cruise line brand and recognized as a leader in the cruise industry and owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is the world’s second largest cruise company, operating the Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur, Azamara Club Cruises and CDF Croisieres de France brands, with 40 ships and a passenger capacity of approximately 92,300, and TUI Cruises through a 50% joint venture.
These brands offer an array of onboard activities, services and amenities, including simulated surfing, swimming pools, sun decks, beauty salons, exercise and spa facilities, ice skating rinks, in-line skating, basketball courts, rock climbing walls, miniature golf courses, gaming facilities, lounges, bars, Las Vegas-style entertainment, cinemas and Royal Promenades, which include interior shopping, dining and an entertainment boulevard. The ships operate worldwide with a selection of itineraries that call on approximately 400 destinations.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has career opportunities with an ocean view in the land-based offices and onboard the world-class luxury ships. With over 20 ships sailing to five continents, each offering unique and adventurous ways to explore the world, your next exciting career challenge may be at sea with Royal Caribbean International.
ROYAL CARIBBEAN Career Opportunities
- Cadet Program: This initiative is intended to attract deck and engine cadets from nautical universities around the world. This competitive program offers officer candidates the opportunity to learn and experience the unique operation of large cruise vessel operations.
- Deck Team: The dedicated crew members who work in the deck department are highly skilled and qualified seafarers. The roles include the ship's safety and the well-being of those onboard and interacting with the guest. The Master (Captain), Staff Captain, and other officers/nautical team members also enjoy interacting with guests.
- Electrical Team: Working within the engine department under the direction of the Chief Engineer, the electrical team oversees the operation and maintenance of the electrical plants and associated systems. With a technologically advanced fleet, the team ensures everything from the powered safety navigation systems to the elevators are working properly and safely at all times.
- Engine Team: The Engine team is responsible to ensure that all of the ships main systems are working and maintained at all times. Although the Engine team is primarily responsible to keep the ship’s power plant and propulsion systems running at all times, their other critical role on board is to ensure all of the ships fire fighting and safety systems are working at all times.
- Environmental Officers: These dedicated professionals are responsible for prevention of environmental incidents, and for overall adherence to the environmental management system. Environmental Officers report directly to the master of each ship and are also accountable shoreside to the Vice President of Environmental Stewardship. The Environmental Officers are also responsible for training all crew members.
- Security Team: Security service’s mission is to prevent security incidents and deliver a highly trained staff which will provide an immediate response to all security related issues. This team is also responsible for the access control to the ship, the screening operation at the gangways, video security monitoring, investigations, security patrols, and more. Potential candidates must meet minimum requirements, including compliance with law enforcement credentials and other regulations such as the ISPS Code.
In addition to the marine operations job, there are very large opportunities in the hotel operations area. A list of opportunities is given below:
- Guest Activities
- Financial Services
- Food & Beverage Services
- Guest Services
- Hotel Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Internet Services
- Onboard Marketing
- Other Services
- Shore Excursions