What is your Language? (Select to translate)
Deck; Engineer; Electro-Technical Officer Training, Trainee Rating and Other Career Opportunities for UK/EU Nationals
Bibby Ship Management offers its customers a true one-stop-shop service of full commercial and technical management and is part of the Bibby Line Group which is headquartered in Liverpool. The group has offices in the UK, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, India, the Philippines and Singapore all of which offer services related to Technical Management; Crew Management Services; Training and Development; Payroll and employment services; Marine & Business Travel; Industrial Relations; Flag State Management; and Yacht Management Services.
Bibby Ship Management fully operates in accordance with the International Safety Management code (ISM), OHSAS 18801 health and safety and ISO 9001 quality management. Bibby Ship Management's vision is to continue delivering best in class, innovative and profitable ship management solutions for clients across the globe and to build joint venture partnerships where the right opportunities exist.
Training & Career Programs
Trainee Officer Programs
- Deck Trainee Officer Program leading to FD (Sc) Marine Operations and MCA STCW'95 II/I Officer of Watch Certificate: This is approximately a 3 year program which is divided into an introduction phase and 5 major phases. It alternates between College phase and Sea phase. Topics include - Bridge Watchkeeping, Cargo Work, Ship Construction, Chartwork, Tides & Sailings, Meteorology, Mathematics, Ship Stability, Marine Law & Management, Celestial Navigation, Emergency Response, Passage Planning, Cargo & Port Operations, Shipboard Management, Structures & Maintenance, and Shipmaster' Business.
- Engineer Officer Programs leading to FD (ENG) Marine Engineering and MCA STCW'95 III/I Officer of Watch Certificate: As an Engineering Officer you will require a detailed technical knowledge of vessel propulsion, electrical and associated equipment and plant installed aboard modern vessels and the practical skills to maintain them. The structure is similar to the Deck program with some variations.
- Electro-Technical Officer (ETO) Program leading to FD (Sc) Electrical and Electronic Marine Engineering and MCA ETO Certificate of Competence: This is approximately a 3 year program similar to Deck officer or Engineer officer.
- Entry Requirements: 120 UCAS Points with (ideally) Grade B/2 in Mathematics and preferably a Grade B in English Language, Physics and/or Double Science at GCSE/Scottish Standard grade. Other qualifications may be considered in lieu of GCSE/Standard Qualifications eg NVQs, etc. Bibby Ship Management are only able to accept applications for Trainee Officer and Rating programs from European Union nationals who have been ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom for a period greater than one year. For ETO program, 120 UCAS Points with GCSE (Grade C or above) in Mathematics, English and Science based subject, including physics.
- Approved Colleges: South of England - Warsash Maritime Academy; North West of England – Liverpool John Moores University, Blackpool & The Fylde College; North East of England – South Tyneside College; and Scotland – Glasgow College of Nautical Studies.
Trainee Rating Programs
Through the association with Foreland Shipping Limited, Bibby Ship Management is one of the few members of the UK Merchant Navy committed to providing career opportunities for those wishing to train as Merchant Navy Ratings. This training option is particularly suited to those with an interest in a career at sea but who do not meet the academic entry requirements for Trainee Officer Programs.