OPITO Certified Major Emergency Coordinator for Renewable Energy (Wind) Training for Managing Emergency at Offshore Wind Sites
The OPITO Emergency Coordinator for Renewable Energy (Wind) course is for personnel who have been deemed ready by their employer to be formally assessed in the role of an Emergency Coordinator during an emergency situation. They must have completed all relevant company specific training and should be employed within the renewable industry.
The aim of a course is to formally assess the learner in the role of an Emergency Coordinator during various emergency situations in simulated environment.
Upon successful completion of the assessment, the learner will have demonstrated an ability to operate in compliance with required procedures and conduct themselves and manage others appropriately when in a simulated emergency situation.
- Validity: 3 years.
- Prerequisites: A formal declaration and supporting evidence from the candidate’s employer confirming that the candidate has achieved the performance criteria
Emergency Coordinator for Renewable Energy (Wind)
OPITO Major Emergency Coordinator for Renewable Energy (Wind)
The Training Objectives
- Maintain a state of readiness
- Assess situation and take effective action
- Maintain communications and coordinate the response to emergencies
- Manage self and team performance
Disclaimer: For general information purpose only - please check with OPITO for the latest and accurate information on Training Standards
Last Updated: May 26, 2021