OPITO Certified BOSIET for Renewable Energy (Wind) Full Access Upgrade Training for Personnel with Limited Access to Offshore Wind Farm Sites
The OPITO BOSIET for Renewable Energy (Wind) Full Access Upgrade training, is designed to meet the additional offshore safety and emergency response training requirements for personnel with limited access to offshore wind farm sites and associated areas and environment who require full access.
Full Access encompasses access to and from the vessel operating at offshore wind farm site, for construction, service, crew transfer, and access to the offshore foundation including transition piece, jacket, platform, and turbine.
This training is aimed at those who have undertaken Limited Access training and require an upgraded, theoretical understanding of the key health and safety aspects of offshore wind operations and an opportunity to learn the additional skills required to travel and work safely and know how to respond in an emergency situation in the offshore wind environment.
If transfer to offshore assets is by helicopter then the OPITO Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) will need to be undertaken separately.
- Duration: 11 hours (2 days)
- Validity: 4 years
- Prerequisites: OPITO-approved BOSIET for Renewable Energy (Wind) Limited Access or FOET for Renewable Energy (Wind) Limited Access certificate.
BOSIET for Renewable Energy (Wind) Upgrade
OPITO BOSIET for Renewable Energy (Wind) Full Access Upgrade
The Training Modules
- Working at Height
- Sea Survival and Safe Transfer
- Emergency First Aid
- Manual Handling
The Training Objectives
- Demonstrate, in a simulated environment, that they can use relevant safety equipment, including that for working at height with a focus on use of various ladder types recuse planning and techniques
- Demonstrate, in a simulated environment, sea survival, safe transfer, first aid, and manual handling techniques
Disclaimer: For general information purpose only - please check with OPITO for the latest and accurate information on Training Standards
Last Updated: May 26, 2021