Supply Chain Management Education at the College of Business & Economics, Lehigh University, Bethlehem
Lehigh University is an independent, coeducational university with programs in the arts and humanities, business, education, engineering, and the natural and social sciences, offering bachelor’s degrees primarily to full-time, residential students and graduate degrees through the doctorate for both full-time and part-time students. Lehigh is small enough to be personal, yet large enough to provide stimulating diversity and to play important national and international roles.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.
The College of Business and Economics offers the bachelor of science degree in business and economics. In the dynamic global environment of the 21st Century, today’s business students face unprecedented challenges. The college prepares them to meet these challenges and to succeed. In addition to the traditional undergraduate majors of accounting, economics, finance and marketing, the College offers innovative programs and courses that respond to today’s unique business requirements.
- B.S. in Business and Economics Decision and Technology Analytics (DATA) - Supply Chain Management Major: The College of Business and Economics at Lehigh University prepares students to become business and community leaders in a broad range of organizations. The undergraduate students acquire the knowledge and skills needed to excel in business. Overall, the college expects the graduates to be able to successfully solve complex, unstructured business problems. The Supply Chain Management major is another response to the complex environment facing business graduates. This undergraduate major gives students solid exposure to supply management, logistics, business-to-business marketing and operations management.
- MBA with Supply Chain Management Concentration (Part time & Online Flex MBA): Through in-depth study of an organization’s value chain, the Supply Chain Management concentration demonstrates how these activities are linked both internally and externally. In a creative, hands-on environment that uses case studies and industry experts, students explore the multiple factors that have impact on a company’s supply chain. This concentration is comprised of 12 credits from approved courses, and can be completed on-campus and online.
Executive Education Program
- Supply Chain Management Certificate (Maximum 2 years): The Supply Chain Management Certificate from Lehigh University is a unique series of courses designed by Lehigh faculty and industry experts. Each session is grounded in practical application, engaging students with the latest topics and industry trends in Supply Chain Management. The aim of the Certificate program is to help students gain an advantage by acquiring the latest skills and learned methods across key performance activities within the Supply Chain body of knowledge. This program is for mid-level managers and functional experts with at least 3 to 5 years of professional experience and who are interested in obtaining new knowledge and skills for success in Supply Chain Management and Operations based positions.
Since 1865, generations of students have chosen Lehigh for their educational experience. They know Lehigh is a place where they can make strong personal connections with faculty, conduct research in diverse fields of study, thrive in a dynamic campus community, form lasting bonds with Lehigh alumni, and learn from their own life experiences.More than 4,700 undergraduate and 2,000 graduate students call Lehigh "home.
- Campus: Located in Bethlehem and the Pennsylvania’s scenic Lehigh Valley, the campus is situated on 1,600 acres in close proximity to both New York City and Philadelphia.
- Accreditation: Lehigh University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The College of Business and Economics academic programs are accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business and has been continually AACSB accredited since 1953.
- Educational Partnerships: As an academic institution, Lehigh strives to learn from and collaborate with the local community. One of the most vital investments Lehigh can make in the community is offering educational opportunities that will enrich and deepen the lives of children and their families for generations to come.
- Campus Involvement: From your first days on campus to graduation, your time at Lehigh will be filled with opportunities to grow, mature, discover a passion, develop leadership skills and forge enduring relationships. Your college experience will be one of the most engaging, inspiring and rewarding times of your life.
- Leadership Lehigh: A four-year program that provides students with the theoretical background and practical skills necessary to become successful leaders and social change agents. We explore different themes, such as project management, group and team dynamics and social justice, through retreats, workshops and community service opportunities
- College of Business & Economics Rankings:Lehigh’s College of Business and Economics (CBE) is ranked #25 2019 Best Part-Time MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report; #19 2018 Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report; #6 2018 Best Online MBA Programs by Poets&Quants; and #27 Best Undergraduate Business Programs of 2017 by Poets&Quants.
- Research: The CBE has a number of renowned research centers and institutes, providing unique opportunities for study for students and faculty. These centers and institutes complement the scholarly activities of academic departments and include the: Financial Services Laboratory (FSL); Center for Value Chain Research; Murray H. Goodman Center for Real Estate Studies; Martindale Center for the Study of Private Enterprise; and the Rauch Center for Business Communications.
- Small Business Development Center: The Lehigh University SBDC provides consulting services and educational programs to entrepreneurs wanting to start or grow a small business. SBDC consultants work with entrepreneurs to help test a new business proposition, shape a business plan, or investigate funding issues. Addressing topics ranging from financing to issues to marketing tactics, SBDC programs serve to inform and assist entrepreneurs with the many tasks that business owners face.
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 20, 2020