Supply Chain Management Education at the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business
Duquesne University is a private, coeducational university located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1878, Duquesne’s academics are recognized both nationally and internationally. Every state in the Union and more than 75 countries are represented in the Duquesne family, and the mission of service drives outreach across the country and the globe.
Duquesne is consistently ranked among America's top Catholic universities for its award-winning faculty and a tradition of academic excellence. A coeducational university on a self-contained campus with dramatic views of Pittsburgh's skyline and rivers, the University has students representing nearly every state in the union and 80 nations. U.S. News & World Report’s 2011 ranking of America’s Best Colleges placed Duquesne University the 120th top school in the U.S. of more than 1,400 colleges and is among the top 12 Catholic universities in the nation.
The Palumbo-Donahue School of Business was established in 1913 as the School of Accounts and Finance. In 1931, the name was changed to the School of Business Administration to reflect the expansion of its course offerings and its growing professional stature in the education community. The Princeton Review 2011 edition of its annual college guide The Best 373 Colleges recommends Duquesne as one of the country’s best institutions for undergraduate education, as well as Best in the Northeast.
- BS in Business Administration with Supply Chain Management Major: Palumbo-Donahue School of Business prepares students for supply chain management careers in both for-profit and non-profit organizations. The supply chain management concentration, offered at the undergraduate level provides students with the necessary theoretical, analytical and practical skills required to manage the flow of materials and products from the original source to the final consumer. The curriculum develops the student's ability to manage many resources, including materials, operations and physical distribution.
- Professional MBA with Masters Certificate in Supply Chain Management: The Professional MBA at Duquesne University challenges and prepares busy, working professionals like you to lead anywhere across the globe. The flexible curriculum, with evening classes held on-campus and the option to take courses online, can be completed part-time or full-time in just two years. Although the Professional MBA can be completed 100% online, the Supply Chain Management Certificate is a hybrid program with on-campus requirements.
- Masters Certificate in Supply Chain Management (Blended - Online & Classroom): The program is ideal if you earned a bachelor's degree and are interested in gaining or improving your supply chain management knowledge and skills across all functional areas.
- MS in Supply Chain Management (Blended - Online & Classroom): The AACSB accredited program is designed for working professionals who want to advance their careers, seize opportunities and impact any organization's bottom line through the supply chain. The blended program format of hybrid courses and face-to-face sessions provides flexibility and convenience along with opportunities to collaborate on real projects and network with industry leaders.
Duquesne’s reach extends far beyond the serene setting of its campus. The university and its 10 schools are both neighbors and partners with Pittsburgh’s corporate center and have signed working agreements with institutions in Belgium, Germany, France, Spain, Ireland, England, China, Japan, Italy and the Commonwealth of Independent States. Faculty are recognized time and again both nationally and internationally for their instruction and research, and their support and encouragement provide an energetic and productive environment in which students thrive.
- Campus: Nestled in a private 48-acre campus in the heart of Pittsburgh, students at Duquesne will find the excitement and opportunities of big-city living - including diverse dining and nightlife spots, three professional sports teams and a continuously developing and thriving cultural scene-blend well with the more personal charms of Pittsburgh, a city consistently cited as one of the nation’s most livable.
- Accreditation: Duquesne University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and Duquesne University's Business Programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB International)
- Global Economic Perspective: Student study tours and internships bring the principles and practices of international business home to the student. Faculty tours of Japan, Europe, and Central America enrich international aspects of the curriculum.
- Cooperative Learning System: Professors focus on directing group analysis rather than simply lecturing to classes. In addition, classes are conducted in an intimate learning atmosphere with experienced professors in small classes.
- Business Leaders in the Classroom: Through the unique Executive Faculty Program and Executives-in-Residence, students interact in class and perform projects with world-class executives from business, labor, and government.
- Centers of Excellence:Specialized centers focus on fostering academic, business and government connections to tackle real-world problems, such as economic education, labor-management relations, technology management, and international management.
- Student Leadership: The SPIRIT Leaders Program prepares students for leadership and service roles, not only within student organizations, but in their respective communities as well. Through workshops, discussions and critical reflection, they strive to develop leaders who demonstrate responsible, ethical behavior, appreciate diversity and are committed to exemplifying the mission of Duquesne University.
- Career Services Support: Working with Duquesne University’s Office of Career Services, the Donahue School provides a wide-range of career service support to you by organizing on-campus corporate recruiting sessions and resume referral services. You are provided access to several online job search services including MonsterTrak, the largest job listing service in the nation.
- Study Abroad: Duquesne University offers various opportunities for students to add an international dimension to their academic career at Duquesne University. Some of the programs are: Italian Campus Program in Rome, Ireland Study Center, Semester-long Programs all over the world, Summer Short-term faculty-led programs, Spring Break Away courses and Student Teaching Abroad
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 20, 2020