Supply Chain Management Education, Research & Executive Programs at Penn State Smeal College of Business
The Smeal College of Business at The Pennsylvania State University (PSU) offers highly ranked undergraduate, MBA, executive MBA, Ph.D., and executive education opportunities to more than 5,000 students at all levels. Smeal is among the largest business schools in the United States, and is accredited in business and accounting by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Internationally ranked undergraduate and graduate programs bolster the Pensylvania State University’s reputation for excellence across countless disciplines. Penn State features a network of campuses across the state, leading law and medical schools, diverse online degree programs, and government-sponsored research initiatives, and the largest alumni organization in the nation.
Smeal's Department of Management and Organization offers programs and degrees at the undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, and executive education levels, and is consistently ranked highly in both education and research in national media rankings. The department also ranks in the top ten in the University of Texas at Dallas Top 100 Business School Research Rankings, which also measure faculty representation in leading academic journals. Career options in Supply Chain Management include management positions found in e-business, consulting, start-ups, high-tech manufacturing, third-party logistics, and service companies. According TO Gartner Inc.'s Ranking of US Supply Chain Education Providers, Smeal's undergraduate and graduate programs ranks number 1 in the United States.
- BS Supply Chain & Information Systems : By majoring in Supply Chain and Information Systems at Smeal, you will learn how to manage every aspect of the networks that businesses use to acquire, produce, and deliver goods and services all over the world—with special attention given to the role of information technology in synchronizing supply chains. Additionally, students learn how to think across the three dimensions that are so critical for success in tomorrow’s business environment: people, processes and information technology.
- MBA with Concentration in Supply Chain Management (Residential): The internationally ranked MBA Program at Penn State's Smeal College of Business is designed to provide the connections, resources, learning, and experiences to transform your business life and the business world. The Supply Chain Management Concentration enables you to accommodate organizational and supply chain goals for profitability, asset utilization, customer service, and systems flexibility.
- Master of Professional Studies in Supply Chain Management (MPS/SCM - Online): The Master of Professional Studies in Supply Chain Management (MPS/SCM) is a 30 credit, two-year online degree program designed to fit the schedules of working professionals. Students conveniently utilize a digital classroom, unconstrained by a set time and place, to interact with fellow students and experienced faculty members in the Department of Supply Chain and Information Systems in Penn State’s Smeal College of Business. The curriculum - grounded in proven theory, best business practices, and emerging innovation - enables students to examine supply chain processes from managing information technology enabled logistics to crafting supply chain strategy. Graduates will be prepared to design and lead the future's most effective supply chains.
- Online MBA with Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management: Online MBA students have the opportunity to specialize in supply chain management by completing the graduate certificate.
- Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management (Online): As a student in Penn State’s online graduate certificate in supply chain management program, you will learn from the same faculty that teach in Penn State’s Smeal College of Business, ranked #1 in supply chain education and AACSB-accredited. You can improve your ability to develop supply chain solutions for your organization as you gain an understanding of how companies use supply chain networks to acquire, produce, and deliver goods and services domestically and worldwide.
- PhD in Business Administration - Supply Chain and Information Systems: The goal of the Supply Chain and Information Systems (SC&IS) doctoral program is to develop outstanding scholars who will pursue distinguished careers in research and teaching at quality, research-oriented universities. Students have access to internationally known research centers and laboratories such as the Center for Supply Chain Research, the Center for Digital Transformation, the Institute for the Study of Business Markets, and the Laboratory for Economic Management and Auctions, among others.
Executive Professional Certificate Programs
- Professional Certificate in Supply Chain Operations: This Certificate provides an understanding of the key functions within supply chain management. While a holistic perspective is important, functional knowledge has to be grasped first. Programs are ideal for individuals who are new to supply chain responsibilities or those wanting to learn about the specific issues.
- Professional Certificate in Supply Chain Management: Programs develop mastery of integrating and linking the functions of supply chain management from a holistic perspective and provide the tools and techniques to aid this goal. This Certificate is ideal for individuals in a managerial role in supply chain or related field.
- Professional Certificate in Supply Chain Leadership: This Certificate provides the ability to leverage a holistic supply chain approach to increase efficiency across the enterprise and entire supply chain. If you are in a senior supply chain executive role or related field that works closely with the supply chain in developing strategy, this Certificate is ideal for you.
.Executive Short Courses
- Building a Sustainable Supply Chain: This program is designed for mid- to senior-level leaders responsible for the development and management of operations and supply chain, sourcing or procurement strategy and execution.
- Achieving Supply Chain Transformation: This program is ideal for mid-level and senior managers responsible for leveraging supply chains for financial and service performance. It delivers an in-depth understanding of adaptive supply chain management through the pico business model.
- Developing Strategic Supply Chain Leaders: This program is designed for upper-middle and senior-level executives responsible for the development and management of logistics and supply processes strategy.
- Processes and Tools for Supply Chain Success: This program is for managers and executives who have a need to understand and use state-of-the-art concepts, processes, and tools to improve and better manage their organizations’ supply chains and key process areas.
- Aligning Supply Chain Organizations: This program is designed for individuals responsible for coordinating efforts to align supply chain & organizational strategies, supply and demand, and supply chain & trading partners across multiple firms.
- Introduction to Supply Chain Analytics: This program will provide an understanding of key areas of logistics and supply chain management where relevant analysis of data may be needed.
Smeal-Penn State Features
The Pennsylvania State University is a public research university with campuses and facilities throughout the state of Pennsylvania. Founded in 1855, the university has a threefold mission of teaching, research, and public service. Its instructional mission includes undergraduate, graduate, professional and continuing education offered through resident instruction and online delivery. Penn State University Park is ranked among the top 15 public universities nationally and is considered to be one of America's Public Ivy universities.
- Campus: Smeal College is located at University Park, Pennsylvania which is an unincorporated community in Centre County, Pennsylvania. It is the location of the flagship campus of the Pennsylvania State University.
- Penn State World Campus: In 1998 The Pennsylvania State University launched its 25th campus of the University, Penn State World Campus. The World Campus is "Penn State | Online," delivering more than 70 distance education programs to learners around the world.
- Accreditation: The Pennsylvania State University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Smeal College of Business programs are additionally accredited by accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business - International, the leading business school accrediting body.
- Supply Chain Program Areas: Supply Chain and Information Systems and Supply Chain Management.
- Center for Supply Chain Research (CSCR): CSCR mission is to offer the supply chain profession the very best in research, education programs, symposia, benchmarking, and workshops for executive management and leadership. The strong academic and industrial community has made CSCR a leader in Corporate Sponsorship, Research, Executive Education, and Benchmarking.
- Internships / Co-ops: An internship (semester experience) or a co-op (two semester experience) helps to give you the experience needed to obtain a full time job. Students can use use Smeal Symplicity (online job posting system) to review and apply to internship/co-op postings.
- University Park Housing: Penn State Housing, Food Services and Residence Life provide facilities, services and special programming that enhance the on-campus living experience. Housing is available for more than 13,000 students, and dining services include residential dining commons, snack bars and restaurants.