Logistics & Supply Chain Management Education at Faculty of Engineering, Lund University, Sweden
Founded in 1666, Lund University is today one of the largest, oldest and broadest universities in Scandinavia and is consistently ranked among the world's top 100 universities. Lund University has an excellent academic reputation with a large number of visiting professors and international students. The University has some 30 world-leading research environments.
With eight faculties, the University’s activities cover education and research in engineering, science, law, social sciences, economics, medicine, humanities, theology, fine arts, music and drama. Around 47,000 students study at the University, which has some 6,300 employees. The majority of the University's activities are in Lund, but a number of education and research departments are based in Malmö. The University also has a growing campus in Helsingborg and a School of Aviation in Ljungbyhe.
Lund University is in many respects Sweden’s most international higher education institution and has close cooperation and exchange agreements with a large number of universities around the world. In addition, Lund University is a member of the prestigious research-intensive university networks Universitas 21 and the League of European Research Universities (LERU).
- MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (2 years, Full-time): The program aims to provide students with the resources, mindset and skills necessary to building a successful career in global logistics and supply chain management. The courses are designed to give students both solid theoretical knowledge and hands-on practical experience, and many feature guest lecturers from industry as well as opportunities for students to visit and work with companies on assignments. The first year starts with seven mandatory courses that are designed to give a comprehensive and solid knowledge base about logistics and supply chain management. Students will then get the opportunity to mix qualitative and quantitative elective courses, and create their own focus area. There is also a mandatory Research Methodology & Project Management course. To give students further insights of contemporary research in supply chain management, a course will be focused on Advanced Topics in Supply Chain Management. The programme ends with a Master’s thesis project that can be done in collaboration with industry.
- MSc in Service Management with Specialization in Supply Chain Management (2 years): The Master's Program in Service Management is a unique opportunity for those seeking a management program at an advanced level with a strong link to research. You will study and analyze phenomena and situations such as managing supply chains, strategic and operational issues within supply chain management, service logistics and management of intermodal transport systems.
Lund University Admissions
- MSc Logistics & Supply Chain Management: A Bachelor's degree in engineering (e.g., industrial engineering and management, mechanical engineering or similar). Completed one course in computer programming, one course in mathematical statistics/probability theory, and one course in business logistics, operations management or supply chain management. English 6.
- MSc in Service Management with Specialization in Supply Chain Management: A bachelor's degree amounting to at least 180 credits, of which at least 90 credits or equivalent in social science, business administration or equivalent. English 6 / English B.
- English Language Requirements: Most of Lund University’s programs require English Level. This is the equivalent of an overall IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 90.