STCW Compliant and Swedish Transportation Agency Approved Maritime Training programs in Öckerö and Rindö in Sweden
Established in 1997, Öckerö Maritime Center (ÖMC) offers maritime safety training programs with training centers located in Öckerö and Rindö in Sweden. They provide support and training for the broader commercial shipping as well as for the upper secondary school's shipping program.
ÖMC is run in the form of a non-profit organization. This purpose characterizes everything at ÖMC is the reason why ÖMC has for a long time been able to invest in resources that strengthen the course operations, instead of generating returns for owners.
OMC also collaborates with Swedish Sea Rescue Society (SSRS), whose main focus is to save lives at sea by having an efficient and modern sea rescue organization. OMC has a very modern training facilities and accommodation in the immediate vicinity along with the best study environment.
STA & STCW Programs
- Advanced Fire Fighting (3 days): This course is required for you who are to serve at sea with responsibility for leading firefighting on board. After completing and passing the course, you will be registered on the Swedish Transport Agency's training website. This gives you permission to apply for the certificate (code C4) from the Swedish Transport Agency.
- Advanced Fire Fighting Refresher (2 days): To participate in the course, you need a previous Swedish certificate advanced firefighting basic course or qualification as a ship commander class VII, VI, V, IV, III, II or sea captain, mechanical officer or naval engineer. In addition, you need to have at least three months of relevant sea service during the last 5 years.
- Basic Safety Training (5 days): This course is required for those who are to serve at sea without limitation of the sailing area or size of the ship and who will be part of the ship's crew.
- Basic Safety Training Refresher (3 days): This course is required for those who are to serve at sea without limitation of the sailing area or size of the ship and who will be part of the ship's safety crew and who need to renew the basic safety certificate.
- Fast Rescue Boat (3 days): To participate in the course, you need a previous Swedish certificate for rescue vessels and emergency response boats basic course.
- Fast Rescue Boat (1 day): To participate in the course, you need a previous Swedish certificate for the Fast Rescue Boat and at least three months of relevant sea service on a passenger ship or RoRo of at least 500 gross in the last five years.
- Medical First Aid (2 days): The course requires the participant to take study questions before the course starts. The course ends with a theoretical exam.
- Basic Safety Less Than 500 Gross (1 day)
- Basic Safety Refresher & Advanced Fire Fighting Refresher & Rescue Craft Refresher Combo (3 days)
- Crisis Management & Human Behavior (3 days)
- Lifeboats & Emergency Boats (2 days)
- Lifeboats & Emergency Boats Refresher (2 days)
Last Updated: May 14, 2021