Supply Chain Management (BS, MBA & PhD) Education at Rutgers Business School (RBS)
RUTGERS, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Rutgers is dedicated to teaching that meets the highest standards of excellence; to conducting research that breaks new ground; and to turning knowledge into solutions for local, national, and global communities.
Founded in 1766, Rutgers teaches across the full educational spectrum: preschool to precollege; undergraduate to graduate and postdoctoral; and continuing education for professional and personal advancement. Rutgers is New Jersey’s land-grant institution and one of the nation’s foremost research universities.
The Rutgers Business School focuses on Business, Science, and Technology. The School is educating more than 5,000 undergraduate and graduate students at two main campuses in New Jersey as well as six satellite locations. in New Jersey, China, and Singapore. Steeped in academic excellence, with a distinguished faculty and a corps of over 30,000 successful alumni, Rutgers Business School is highly ranked by the Financial Times, U.S. News & World Report, BusinessWeek, and The Wall Street Journal. It is recognized as one of the top three business schools in the greater New York etropolitan area; is ranked #6 nationwide for “Most Competitive Students” by The Princeton Review; and is part of the campus that is ranked #1 in diversity nationwide by U.S. News & World Report, since 1997.
- BS in Supply Chain Management: This is program focuses on the areas of strategic sourcing, procurement management, logistics, quality management, and supply chain technologies. This program has a strong corporate sponsorship that provides excellent intern and job placement opportunities, as well as scholarships in the form of honors track.
- MBA Concentration in Supply Chain Management: Supply Chain Management is one of the strategic MBA concentrations at Rutgers Business School. The curriculum is designed by faculty with input from the Center of Supply Chain Management and its industry affiliates to ensure that it is both comprehensive and current. This program has a strong corporate sponsorship which provides scholarships as well as excellent intern and job placement opportunities.
- Master of Supply Chain Management (Online): Like the traditional face-to-face graduate programs that were ranked 13th in the nation in the 2014 U.S. News & World Report, we provide the same top quality instruction in a more convenient online delivery structure. The program is 100 % online. There are no in class courses and hence there is no requirement to be on campus during the entire duration of the program.
- PhD in Supply Chain Management & Marketing Science: This program draws its competitive advantage from the research excellence of Rutgers operations management and marketing science faculty, and the participation of industry leaders (affiliated with the Center for Supply Chain Management) in curriculum development. This program is offered in cooperation with faculty at RUTCOR and at the New Jersey Institute of Technology.
Center for Supply Chain Management Programs
- Supply Chain Management Certificate Program (3 days): : Offered only once per year, this three-day executive level program provides insights to leading edge strategies and processes for middle to senior-level supply chain leaders. Taught by world-class Rutgers faculty and senior SCM executives, the course content combines contemporary theory with real world applications used by global leaders. This program covers the major aspects of supply chain management, including strategy, sourcing and procurement, logistics, operations and organizational alignment. Learn how to execute a strategic supply chain management plan that is grounded in today’s business needs for competitive effectiveness and operations efficiency.
- Research Seminars: Supply chain management seminars
Rutgers is the sole university in the United States that is a colonial college, a land-grant institution, and a public university. The university draws on a storied legacy of innovation and strong ties to a complex and diverse state to serve the public through education, research, and community engagement.
- Campuses: A cosmopolitan campus in the University Heights section of New Jersey’s largest city, Rutgers -Newark has more than 11,700 students - from the U.S. and 70 other countries. The New Brunswick Campus is the birthplace of Rutgers. Comprising five smaller campuses - Busch, College Avenue, George H. Cook, Douglass, and Livingston - it is home to more than 38,000 students.
- Accreditation: Rutgers was reaccredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Rutgers Business School has been accredited since 1941 by AACSB International - the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- AAU Membership: Rutgers is one of the nation’s leading comprehensive public research universities and the only public university in New Jersey in the Association of American Universities (AAU).
- Faculty: The Rutgers faculty includes winners of the National Medals of Science and Technology, MacArthur “Genius” Fellowships, Guggenheim Fellowships, and Fulbright Scholarships. Rutgers Business School has nearly 150 full-time faculty members with teaching and research interests spanning across the wide spectrum of business disciplines.
- Student Honors: : Rutgers students have been named Rhodes Scholars, Fulbright Fellows, Gates Cambridge Scholars, Churchill Scholars, Goldwater Scholars, Clarendon Scholars, Truman Scholars, Woodrow Wilson Scholars, and Udall Scholars. They have received support from the National Science Foundation, NASA, the National Institutes of Health, the Smithsonian Institution, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the British Research Council, and the Japanese Education Ministry. These awards have given them the chance to pursue advanced study and original research around the world.
- Rankings: Rutgers Business School is recognized as one of the top three business schools in the New York Tri-State Region, and is the highest-ranked business school in New Jersey.
- Center for Supply Chain Management:The Center builds upon the strengths of the Rutgers Business School with world-class research, innovative teaching and the integration of inter-functional business disciplines. It provides solutions to emerging supply chain management problems by promoting problem solving and research between the Rutgers University faculty and the business community and Serving as a ready source to the business community for leading-edge best practices in supply chain management.
- Student Residences: Undergraduate students make up the most of the on-campus student population. Residence Life and University Housing provide a unique opportunity for graduate students to live on campus while completing an advanced degree. Living within designated graduate communities, students have the option to reside within traditional residence hall and apartment spaces on Busch, College Avenue, and the Cook/Douglass campuses.
LAST UPDATED ON Nov 06, 2017