Translate to Your Language
Shipping & Freight, Logistics & Supply Chain Management and Distribution Certificate & Diploma at MIT Center for Logistics
Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT) is a leader in technical and vocational education delivering a range of academic qualifications from certificate to degree level. Each year 20,000 students including 1,000 international students choose to study at MIT. Being New Zealand’s highest performing institute of technology, MIT is highly regarded by employers and students alike. MIT is also a national educational institution with a strong regional base and a developing international profile. Manukau Institute of Technology has several key relationships with other institutions including: University of Auckland, Te Wananga O Aotearoa, Unitec NZ and Southern Cross University in Australia.
MIT offers over 1500 programs and courses making up foundation, certificate, diploma, and degree programs, supporting progression from foundation level to higher level qualifications and employment. In addition to the main Manukau campus there are specialized campuses located throughout the city including locations at Newmarket, the CBD, Highbrook Business Park and Pukekohe as well as community learning centers within the greater Auckland region.
The New Zealand Maritime School which is a part of Manukau Institute of Technology, is the premier provider of maritime training in New Zealand. The MIT Logistics Center is located at the School. The School overlooks the waterfront in downtown Auckland, an ideal location for students, being at the hub of commercial boating, shipping and other maritime activities. Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT) is a government tertiary institution and provides programs and training approved by New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). New Zealand Maritime School provides Maritime New Zealand approved certifications, licensing and programs.(Maritime New Zealand is an NZ government entity responsible for protecting the maritime environment within New Zealand and maintaining safety and security).
Tertiary Programs & Training
Shipping & Logistics Programs
- Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain and Shipping Management (Level 7): Create a path to management by enhancing your skills and knowledge in applied logistics practice, commercial shipping practice, transport and maritime law, economic and cost-orientated modeling, business communication and transport marketing, and analysis of sea cargo trade.
- New Zealand Diploma in Supply Chain Management (Level 6): This diploma has been designed to broaden your existing supply chain management knowledge and skills across a range of sectors in order to meet the current industry trend toward optimizing the entire supply chain. You will expand your knowledge in capacity planning and control, procurement and distribution as well as demand and inventory management. You will also learn how to apply financial analysis, how to design and optimize system variables and develop the strategic skills to manage a range of suppliers and stakeholders.
- New Zealand Diploma in International Logistics (Freight Forwarding) (Level 5): This diploma is designed to prepare you for a career in a variety of roles including customs broking and a number of positions within import/export operations for both air and seaborne freight.
- New Zealand Certificate in Supply Chain Management (Level 5): Capitalize on a world of logistics opportunities with one of the most sought-after certificates in the logistics industry. Discover the practical realities of supply chain demand, transport lead time and inventory control systems. Focus on network planning and procurement in the vast field of supply chain management where the job options keep expanding.
- Certificate of Achievement (Level 5) - Specializations in Commercial Logistics, Shipping, Freight Forwarding: These certificates are ideal for those in the industry who want to upskill and progress to management positions. As an employee already working in the freight forwarding and shipping sectors of the transport industry, you will get to build on your existing skills and knowledge base. Courses include sea, road, rail, air, freight forwarding and dangerous goods.
- New Zealand Certificate in International Freight and Logistics (Level 4) (with strands in Forwarding and Shipping): This program is the ideal start if you are a school leaver, or someone who wants to enter the logistics industry. Or you may already be working in the industry and aiming to progress into supervisory or middle management roles, with options to pursue further study.
- New Zealand Certificate in Distribution (Level 4): This full or part-time course is available at any of the three Skills Update Training Institute campuses conveniently sited around Auckland at Mangere, Kelston and Papakura. Each features an authentic simulated distribution environment essential for practicing the practical aspects of this program.
- Level 4 Certificate in International logistics: The courses are aimed at people currently working in the industry who wish to progress to supervisory roles or middle management but who wish to continue working while they study.
Short Courses in Logistics and Shipping
- Freight Operations
- Warehouse and Logistics
- Logistics Documentation
- All maritime programs are delivered by New Zealand Maritime School at Auckland. More information can be obtained visiting the school section here - New Zealand Maritime School
LAST UPDATED ON Dec 14, 2017