Translate to Your Language
Vocational Training Programs in Maritime Operations, Logistics, and Warehousing Operations in Casuarina NT
Charles Darwin University (CDU) is a dual-sector Australian public university with more than 18,000 students studying at varying levels and located in Darwin, which is a multicultural, cosmopolitan, and robust, tropical city in Western Australia. The university offers a wide range of education and training opportunities in Higher Education and Vocational Education and Training with flexible study options, including part-time, external and online.
CDU is one of seven members of Australia's Innovative Research Universities network, which involves members directing knowledge, capabilities and resources to enhance the outcomes of higher education. CDU sits alongside Flinders, Griffith, James Cook, La Trobe, Murdoch and Newcastle universities in the network.
Students have the option of being able to study at campuses in Darwin, Palmerston, Alice Springs and Katherine. Charles Darwin University was created in 2004 from the merger of Northern Territory University at Darwin and Centralian College. The University is named after Charles Darwin, the celebrated English scientist and also the main city it dwells.
- Certificate I in Maritime Operations (General Purpose Hand Near Coastal) (7 days, FT): This qualification is suitable for people working in entry level positions in the maritime industry as a General Purpose Hand on deck or in the engine room of a vessel up to 80 meters within the exclusive economic zone (EEZ) or in the engine room only for a vessel with propulsion power up to 3000 kW.
- Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal) (3 weeks FT / 4 months PT): This qualification is suitable for people who work as a Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal in the maritime industry and command a commercial marine vessel up to 12 meters in length with propulsion power that is unlimited for an outboard engine or up to 500kW for an inboard engine carry passengers on this vessel inshore or as a tender or auxiliary vessel within 3 nautical miles (nm) of a parent vessel within the exclusive economic zone (EEZ).
- Certificate III in Logistics (1.5 years FT/PT): This qualification is designed to give people the capacity to work in the logistics industry aligned with operational qualification for the road and rail transport, warehousing, storage, stevedoring and allied industries. On successful completion of this Certificate, employment may be sought as supervisory or lower management level within the transport and distribution industry.
- Certificate III in Warehousing Operations (2 years FT/PT): This qualification is designed to give people the capacity to work in the warehousing industry. It provides graduates with skills and knowledge in a minor leadership/supervisory level; decision making and technical skills in manual handling; team work leading work teams or groups; Workplace Health and Safety (WHS); vehicle inspection; receival and dispatch; loading and unloading goods and stocktaking; customer service; product knowledge and handling skills.
- Certificate IV in Logistics (3 years FT/PT): This qualification is suited for individuals working in the logistics industry in a variety of operational roles. Successful completion of this course will require the performance of a broad range of skilled applications, including requirements to evaluate and analyse current practices; developing new criteria and procedure for performing current practices; and provision of some leadership and guidance to others in the application and planning of the skills. Successful completion of the licensing units within the qualification must align with applicable licensing and regulatory requirements.
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 22, 2017