Translate to Your Language
Marine, Offshore, and Ocean Engineering, Naval Architecture, and Supply Chain Management Programs in Western Australia & Online
Established in 1991 and headquartered in Joondalup Western Australia, Edith Cowan University (ECU) is a large, multi-campus institution offering more than 300 diverse courses. Many courses are also offered for study online as well. With over 27,000 domestic and international students, ECU has three campuses in and around WA - Joondalup campus which is 200 km from Perth, Mount Lawley campus near Perth, and South West Campus in Bunbury.
ECU annually welcomes over 4,000 international students, originating from more than 100 countries and consists of eight schools - Medical & Health Sciences, Engineering, Education, Arts & Humanities, Business & Law, Nursing & Midwifery, Science and the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts. The university has partnerships with several education institutions to conduct courses and programs offshore.
Business & Law School offers a comprehensive range of courses with major specializations, as well as specialist industry-focused degrees in include Law, Management, Finance and Banking, Marketing and Commerce. One of the fastest-growing Engineering schools in Australia, the Engineering school provides courses in of civil, chemical, mechanical, electrical power, mechatronics, control and automation, electronics, communications, computer systems, naval architecture, marine and offshore engineering, and motorsports.
School of Engineering Programs
- Programs in Collaboration with AMC Launceston: The first two years can be studied at ECU's Joondalup campus and the final two years of this course are delivered at the Australian Maritime College in Launceston. Students will be required to undertake a minimum of 12 weeks relevant industry work experience.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Marine and Offshore Engineering (4 years full-time, 8 years part-time): This course is suited to students interested in the large-scale mechanical and electro-mechanical systems used in the oil and gas industries, such as fuel-injected turbocharged engines, large gas turbine generators, or oil and gas rigs. Marine and Offshore Engineers have strong employment opportunities in many sectors of industry including oil and gas, ship building, alternative energy, marine survey, defence, industrial process, power generation, and consulting.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Naval Architecture (4 years full-time, 8 years part-time): Naval architects are professional engineers who design and oversee the construction and repair of marine craft and various offshore structures. This includes naval craft, passenger and cargo ships, submarines, high-speed ferries and catamarans, tugs, yachts and offshore drilling platforms. Naval architects can find employment in design and construction of patrol boats, mine hunters, frigates, submarines, high-speed aluminum craft, leisure craft, and sailing and power yachts.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Ocean Engineering (4 years full-time, 8 years part-time): Ocean engineers are involved in the design of some of the largest, most complex, and most expensive structures produced by humankind. These include offshore structures such as oil and gas platforms or subsea pipelines, as well as the wide range of infrastructure associated with the ports and harbor facilities and submersible vehicles required to service them. Ocean engineers have strong employment opportunities in many sectors of industry including oil and gas, alternative energy, coastal engineering, underwater vehicles, port and harbor design, defense, and consulting. Graduates can also apply for any suitable position open to structural engineers.
Business & Law School Program
- MBA & MBA International with Supply Chain and Logistics Management Specialization (Joondalup Campus and also Online - 2 years): This specialization provides students with the opportunity to add specialist supply chain, logistics, transportation, distribution, operations and production management skills to those acquired from their degree. This specialization will broaden students employment opportunities within the airlines, agriculture, automotive, government, military, mining, manufacturing and resources sectors. Graduates in an MBA/MBAI Course with a Supply Chain and Logistics Management specialization meet the academic requirements for professional membership with the Chartered Institute Logistics and Transport Australia (CILTA).
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 21, 2017