Regulations & Compliance Training for the Maritime, Transportation, Oil/Gas, Mining and Other Industries Online & Training Videos
Located at Raleigh, North Carolina, The Training Network is a leading provider of Safety, Management, Technology, and Human Resource training programs, with over 37 years of experience. The tools and solutions help organizations comply with HR regulations and requirements, including OSHA, DOT, and the EEOC. Training Network help you build and train your employees on the policies and procedures that help you create a safe workplace for your most valuable asset - People.
The Training Network is a part of the JER HR Group and they work collaboratively with clients across the country to solve big challenges, meeting clients wherever they are on the path to understand culture, issues and change. Their offices are spread across the nation - New York, Greensboro NC, Moines IA and Raleigh NC. The online training products include Learning Management Platforms such as the Training Network, Trainery LMS, Streaming Services, Digital Licensing and TrakLearning.
The Training Network provides online training & training videos for Health, Safety, and other workforce compliance training such as OSHA Compliance, Confined Spaces, Electrical Safety, Emergency Preparedness, Crane Safety, Fall Protection, Fire Prevention & Fire Evacuation, HAZWOPER, and OSHA General & New Hire to name a few. OSHA regulations cover a wide spectrum of such as Asbestos to Welding Safety, and everything in between. They offer OSHA safety videos with different runtimes and levels of complexity. Specific Industries training programs include - Maritime, Aviation, Mining Oil & Gas and Fleet Maintenance to name a few.
- Maritime - Crew Endurance Management: This video educates maritime industry crew members and management on how to evaluate and minimize the risk factors contributing to decreased endurance. Improve efficiency and maintain a healthier crew with this endurance training for the maritime industry.
- Maritime - Intro to Vessel & Barge Equipment & Terminology: Use this online training course to provide your crew with an understanding of the basic terminology to help them find safety and success in the maritime industry. Learners become familiar with the terminology of barges and towing equipment, along with tips on how to make and break tows safely.
- Maritime - Man Overboard Prevention for the Inland Waterways: This video teaches viewers safe work practices, survival and rescue techniques, how to delay hypothermia in cold water, and other skills and techniques to increase the chance of a man overboard being rescued.
- Maritime - Marine Fire Prevention, Training, and Response: The Video On Demand covers safe hot work procedures, classes of fire, portable extinguishers and fixed suppression system. Viewers learn how and when to use different types of fire extinguishing agents. The frequency of training requirements is also outlined.
- MRSA and Staph Prevention for Maritime Industry: With this On Demand training video, you will be introduced to Staphylococcus and Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, more commonly known as Staph and MRSA. You will learn how to recognize infections caused by these bacteria, and you will learn how to prevent them from spreading in the first place.
- Benzene Awareness: This Benzene Awareness course teaches you how to identify the hazards associated with benzene, where hazardous levels of benzene may occur, and how to prevent benzene from reaching hazardous levels. Under Coast Guard regulation 46 CFR 151 Subchapter O, cargo with benzene requires special handling such as the use of vapor control procedures.
- Ergonomics - Working Smart: Reducing Risks of Sprains & Strains: This is a comprehensive overview of how sprains and strains happen and what can be done to prevent or relieve them.
- Fire Safety - Step Back for Safety: The training video Fire Safety readies all employees, whether stationed in cubicles or on the line, for the threat of uncontrolled blazes.
- First Aid - Step Back for Safety: The course lessons provide workers with information to help them respond appropriately to injuries at the workplace, keeping injured workers and themselves safe.
- Hand Safety - Stepback for Safety Series: This training course focuses on hand safety for on-the-job hand and finger protection. This course explains the risk of hand injuries for industrial workers, those exposed to heavy machinery or chemicals.
- Hearing Protection - Step Back for Safety: This training video discusses the precautions one should take when working around hazardous levels of noise.
- Job Safety Analysis - Step Back for Safety: Learn how to implement a Job Safety Analysis program through this training course, part of the Step Back for Safety series.
- Personal Protective Equipment - Stepback for Safety: This lesson demonstrates how to correctly use PPE, so you can fully-benefit from its use. Ultimately, you should have the knowledge to understand how to protect yourself while working.
- Slips, Trips and Falls - Step Back for Safety: This online video training course teaches workers to recognize and eliminate slip, trip and fall hazards. Employees learn safety practices such as walking techniques for slippery surfaces and how to choose the proper footwear.
Mining, Oil & Gas Programs
- Hydrogen Sulfide Employee Training - Concise: This program reviews these three key issues and many other precautions that protect employees from H2S exposures when followed.
- Hydrogen Sulfide Employee Training: Employees can work safely in areas where the potential of hydrogen sulfide exists by following their organization's Hydrogen Sulfide Contingency Plan, knowing how and when to use respiratory protection and knowing the meaning of their facility's hydrogen sulfide warning sounds and signals.
- Safe Forklift Operations & Practices for Oilfield Industry: This training course ensures your operators have the level of awareness, as well as a working knowledge of safety techniques and regulations, to allow them to prevent forklift-related accidents.
- MRSA/Staph and Infection Prevention for Oil Industry; Gain the preparedness needed to recognize the common infections you may face on the job, as well as learn how to prevent the spread of those infections with this online video training.
- Oilfield - Hand Safety & Injury Prevention for the Oilfield: As stated in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.138(b) proper PPE, including work gloves, should be selected for specific work conditions. Comply with OSHA standards and use this course to demonstrate the importance of hand safety to your workers.
Other Training Programs
- Complete OSHA Regulations Training
- Construction Safety
- Workplace Safety
- Safety Awareness
- Human Resources
Specific Industries Training
- Armored Transport
- Fleet Maintenance
- Food Safety & Restaurants
- Maritime (see above)
- Mining Oil & Gas (see above)
- Property Management
- Retail Safety
- School & School Bus Safety
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure (SPCC)
- Staffing Services
- Utility, Public Works, Solid Waste
LAST UPDATED ON Sep 21, 2021