MCA Approved STCW High Voltage Training & Oil and Gas Electrical Courses in Aberdeen in Scotland, UK
EPIT offers the nationally recognized courses, to electrical and instrumentation technicians and has helped train over 20,000 industry professionals. The company provides a range of Ex, ATEX, HV/LV & Electrical Safety courses, are accredited by City and Guilds.
Apart for City and Guilds, EPIT is an approved centre for a number of industry bodies including UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA), and CompEx, offering courses to electrical and instrumentation technicians and seafarers.
In addition, EPIT provides a wide range of consulting services focused on regulatory compliance in the area of hazardous area classification, product assessment, CE Marking, Dangerous Substances and Explosive Areas Regulations.
STCW High Voltage Programs
- STCW High Voltage Training A-III/2 (Management Level) (5 days): This Maritime & Coastguard Agency approved course gives seafarers who are responsible for the safe control and management of high voltage (HV) power systems, the essential education and training in HV installations to meet the knowledge, understanding and proficiency requirements as set out in STCW 2010 Table A-III/2 for electrical, electronic and control engineering at the management level. This course is suitable for Chief Engineer Officers, Officers, Second Engineers, Engineer Surveyors, Marine Superintendents, serving Marine Electricians and ETO’s who require certification in line with the obligations of the 2010 Manila Amendments to the STCW Code.
- STCW High Voltage Training A-III/1 (Operational Level) (1 day): This MCA approved course gives seafarers the essential education and training in high voltage installations to meet the knowledge, understanding and proficiency requirements as set out in STCW 2010 Table A-III/1 for electrical, electronic and control engineering at the operational level. Upon completion of this course, the trainees will be able to identify high voltage devices, understand dangerous situations and set up safety procedures for safe working. This will mean that the trainee meets the requirements laid down in the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiencies for High Voltage installations set out in Tables A-III/1 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended.
Oil & Gas Operator Specific Courses
- Shell UK Electrical Safety Rules - LV
- Shell UK Electrical Safety Rules - LV & HV
- Chrysaor Electrical Codes of Practice - LV
- Chrysaor Electrical Codes of Practice - LV & HV
- CNOOC International Electrical Safety Awareness
- ATEX Directives & CE Marking Awareness
- ATEX Directives & CE Marking Guidance
Electrical Safety Courses
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- ECS Health and Safety Assessment
- Management, Inspection & Testing of Portable Electrical Equipment (PAT Testing)
- IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition (BS 7671: 2018)
- IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition Update (BS 7671: 2018)
- A.C. Motors
- Ex Motor Repair & Overhaul
- Ex Motor Repair & Overhaul - Advanced
- Explosion Protection Awareness - Electrical
- Explosion Protection Awareness - Non Electrical (Mechanical)
- Ex Equipment Selection