MCA Approved STCW Security Courses and ISPS Compliant Security Training Programs in Aberdeen, UK
Established in 2003 and based in Aberdeen Scotland, Maritime Protection Solutions (MPS) is a specialist port and maritime security company provides the Port and Maritime Industries with a practical application of the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS). MPS is a Security Industry Authority (SIA) approved contractor and BS EN ISO9001 registered company.
Maritime Protection Solutions is managed by practical, experienced shipping and consulting executives along with highly trained security personnel who fully appreciate the commercial needs of their client's business allied with a comprehensive understanding of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code through their involvement since 2003.
All of the courses by MPS are approved and accredited by the relevant awarding bodies and they also develop bespoke security and safety courses according to client’s requirements. Also, MPS is approved by the UK Department for Transport to provide the courses listed below. MPS can offer tailored training specific to the client’s requirements.
STCW & ISPS Courses
- MCA Approved Proficiency in Security Awareness: This training/instruction must meet the requirements of section A-VI/6 paragraph 4 of the amended STCW code. This training leads to the issue of a STCW Certificate of Proficiency.
- MCA Approved Proficiency in Designated Security Duties: Training in designated security duties must be undertaken by seafarers, engaged on ships which are required to comply with the provisions of the ISPS Code, who have designated duties under the ships security plan. This training/instruction must meet the requirements of section A-VI paragraphs 6-8 of the amended STCW code. This training leads to the issue of an STCW Certificate of Proficiency.
- Ship Security Officer Course: This course covers the following - understanding the importance of ship security and the roles and responsibilities of organizations and individuals involved in it; assessing security risks, threats and vulnerabilities to the ship, personnel, cargo and operations; understanding the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems; and, determining the effectiveness of current security arrangements, procedures and equipment, and promoting security awareness on board ship.
- Company Security Officer Course: This course covers the following - understanding of the requirements for ship security and the roles and responsibilities of organizations and individuals involved in it; assess risks, threats and vulnerabilities to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations; capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems; drawing up a ship security plan (ssp) and related regulatory requirements and implementation; and, how to promote security awareness and vigilance on board ship.
Other Training Programs
- SIA Security Guard Training
- Manual Handling;
- Conflict Management;
- Searching and Firearms familiarization
- Security Screening