STCW Safety, Security, Medical, and Firefighting Courses in Edinburgh and Northumberland, UK
Located in Edinburgh, Sea and Land Training (SALT) Services provides courses for the Maritime and shore based sectors. STCW courses and training are provided in Edinburgh and certain elements of the STCW courses at the facility in Amble, Northumberland. Also Security courses are delivered throughout the UK.
The training programs are conducted in highly equipped centers throughout Edinburgh, which have been approved by the Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) and classroom facilities at Leith Docks are easily accessible from all major transport links in Central Scotland.
SALT courses are MCA accredited and have been developed using current MNTB guidelines and incorporate the 2010 Manila amendments to the STCW code.
In collaboration with C&P Recruitment, Sea and Land Training (SALT) Services are also capable of providing recruitment solutions for both clients and candidates and has already placed a number of candidates to companies throughout the UK.
STCW Training Programs
- STCW 2010 Basic Safety Training Week (1 week): The one-week training package covers Personal Survival Techniques, Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting, Elementary First Aid, Personal Safety and Social Responsibility and Proficiency in Security Awareness.
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques: The PST module gives seafarers the essential education and training required to survive at sea in the event of ship abandonment.
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques (Update): This course takes one day and includes theoretical and practical (classroom) lessons followed by wet drills (practical lessons) in our partner facility’s diving pool.
- STCW Elementary First Aid: This one-day course will provide you with knowledge of the immediate action(s) to be taken upon encountering an accident or other medical emergency, including how to administer CPR, stop bleeding, apply bandages and treat burns/scalds.
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting: You will learn about basic fire theory covering the “fire tetrahedron”, what kinds of fires you might discover aboard your ship and how to extinguish them.
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (Update): This is a one-day updated proficiency course, completed on the fireground. This course is suitable only for people who have previously done the full basic FPFF module.
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities: This theory-based module provides delegates a basic induction into safety procedures & accident prevention, familiarization of employment conditions and working environments on board merchant ships. The course is typically run on a Friday morning.
- STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness: This course aims to increase crew members’ awareness of security threats, how to maintain the security of the vessel and improve their personal security awareness and vigilance. The course is typically run on a Friday afternoon.
- Crew Resource Management
- First Aid At Work
- First Aid At Work (Update)
- Emergency First Aid At Work
- Paediatric First Aid
- Automated External Defibrillators
- Fire Marshall Training
- Risk Assessment