OPITO, GWO, IOSH, and IRATA Approved Oil & Gas, Fire Safety & Wind Energy Training programs in Newcastle, UK
Located in Woolsington Newcastle upon Tyne, Offshore Training Newcastle (OTN) is a collaboration of the world’s leading training experts who have come together to deliver a one-stop-shop for offshore training. OTN provides industry accredited courses in wide range of subjects, as well as providing you with tailored training packages.
OTN is partnered with Advanced Industrial Solutions (AIS), a leading provider of specialist training and competency skills assessment services to the offshore sector. All accredited to leading international standards such as OPITO, IRATA, SPRAT, IOSH and CCNSG.
Together the OTN partners have invested almost £1 million to develop one of the world’s best equipped OPITO approved fire-fighting facilities. And OTN is logistically placed in one of the UK’s most accessible and affordable places to offer better choice to all business sectors and individuals.
Practical training is delivered on our extensive training ground which includes a 3 storey offshore platform rig with full size heli-deck and Super Puma helicopter mock-up. In addition to this they also have an extensive Breathing Apparatus and Confined Space Training Complex, full sized aircraft fire-fighting rig, fire screens, engine and wing fire simulators and HGV tanker simulators.
Oil & Gas, Fire Safety & Wind Energy Courses
- Boat Transfer: The Boat Transfer training allows the delegate to assess risks, learn about the PPE and procedures used for boat transfer and the principles of Sea Survival.
- Breathing Apparatus Instructor's Course: This course will provide a development opportunity for individuals who have been identified within their organisation to be suitable to deliver BA training to Fire Service personnel.
- Breathing Apparatus Revalidation Course (2 day): This course provides those individuals who have already completed a breathing apparatus wearer's course the opportunity to refresh their skills and knowledge when deploying breathing apparatus as part of an emergency response team.
- Breathing Apparatus Wearer's Course: This course will suit newly appointed Firefighters. The delegates will experience the practical and theoretical aspects of Breathing Apparatus.
- CCNSG Safety Passport: CCNSG provides delegates with necessary site safety information for a safer working environment.
- Chemical Spillage Course: The course is designed to provide students with the skills required to deal with a range of hazardous materials such as dusts, liquids, and vapors
- CIEH First Aid at Work: Providing First Aid Training which qualifies delegates to act as the First Aider in the workplace.
- Compartment Fire Behaviour Training Course: Candidates will experience the practical and theoretical application of Compartmental Fire Behaviour.
- Confined Space Entry & Rescue: Offering delegates training to apply safe working practices, to reduce risks in confined space environments.
- Electrical Awareness: Offering basic awareness training to all persons working directly or indirectly with electricity transmission and distribution.
- Fire Awareness Course: The Fire Awareness Course is aimed at all staff (particularly new employees) in all workplaces, to help them identify and reduce the risks from fire in the workplace.
- Fire Warden Training: This one-day course is aimed at members of staff who are identified in your emergency plan as having a supervisory role in the event of a fire.
- Further Offshore Emergency Response Team Member: The further program is to allow OERTM delegates to practise and be assessed on live fire exercises which they would not be able to conduct in the workplace.
- GWO Basic Safety Training Standard - Onshore: Providing participants with basic safety training so that they can carry out their tasks in a safe and competent manner.
- Harness Awareness Training: Delegates will be able to identify and select the correct form of safety harness and lanyard, applicable to their role in the work place.
- Helicopter Fire-Fighting Courses: Our new state-of-the-art facility enables us to deliver a range of helicopter fire-fighting courses to new and existing customers.
- Initial Breathing Apparatus Wearer's Course (5 day): To provide those individuals who have just been appointed to their emergency teams the opportunity to wear breathing apparatus in hazardous conditions such as toxic atmospheres and dealing with large fires.
- Introduction to Industrial Fire Fighting: To provide those individuals who form part of an emergency response team the opportunity to understand the principles of fires & firefighting.
- IOSH Managing Safely: Designed to give managers the skills to effectively manage health and safety in their workplace.
- IRATA Rope Access (L1-L3): Providing the required skills for all persons currently working in or looking to commence any type of roped access work.
- Manual Handling: Providing delegates with a good understanding of the risks and practical issues involved with manual handling.
- Offshore Emergency Helideck Team Member: Providing the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to perform the role of the Offshore Emergency Heli-Deck Team Member effectively.
- Offshore Emergency Response Team Leader: Providing the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to perform the role of the Emergency Response Team Leader effectively.
- Offshore Medical: Providing a Medical Examination which classifies them as medically fit to work in the offshore environment.
- OPITO Banksman Slinger (Stage 1 & 2): OPITO accredited Banksman & Slinger training will enable you to undertake the role and preserve the safety of all crew members.
- OPITO Blaster-Sprayer Training: This training is designed to provide delegates with a basic knowledge of the blaster/painter industry.
- OPITO BOSIET: Providing an awareness of the hazards on offshore installations, the offshore safety regime and safety management systems.
- OPITO Combined Rigger Banksman Slinger (Stage 1 & 2): Providing training to personnel wishing to become competent in Rigger and Banksman Slinger roles within the oil & gas industries.
- OPITO Insulation Training: This has been developed by AIS with the help of leading offshore organisations in order to provide a solution to the skills shortage in this industry.
- OPITO MIST: Minimum Industry Safety Training. Designed for personnel working within the Oil and Gas Industry.
- OPITO Rigger Competence (Stage Three & Four): Ensuring that personnel have the understanding, knowledge and practical skills to fulfill the role of the Rigger safely and effectively.
- OPITO Rigger Training (Stage One): Providing delegates with the knowledge and skills to begin the second stage of their training in the workplace under supervision.
- PPE & Ergonomics: Designed for all employees in the workplace who may have to use any form of personal protective equipment to meet the current legislation.
- Renewable UK Work at Height and Rescue Course: Providing sufficient knowledge and skills to work competently and safely on a wind turbine.
- Working at Height and Confined Space: A range of world-class training courses catered towards those whose role involves working at height or in confined spaces.