Change the Language
Operations and Supply-Chain Management Education at GGU Ageno School of Business in San Francisco
Founded in 1901 in San Francisco, Golden Gate University (GGU) meets the needs of working adults by offering undergraduate and graduate programs in business and management, information technology, taxation, and law. Courses are designed to engage students in real-world business situations and to prepare them to compete in a volatile marketplace.
With its main campus in San Francisco, Golden Gate University has regional sites located conveniently throughout California. Accredited degree programs can also be taken through Golden Gate's CyberCampus, which permits students to work and study on their own schedules using the Internet.
The Ageno School is ideal for working adults seeking to improve their lives. Undergraduate and graduate degrees and certificates are offered in the most highly demanded business, technological, nonprofit and governmental areas including operations and supply chain management. The programs will open the door to new career opportunities that will help students achieve their life goals.
- BS in Business with concentration in Operations and Supply Chain Management: Professionals in this field are responsible for the internal workings of their companies. They can be part of almost any business facet including product and process design, planning, purchasing, distribution, and technology. The underpinning purpose of people with these cross-functional skills is to lead the company to success through continual improvement.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Operations and Supply Chain Management (online): For those who may not need a degree but want to update or broaden their skills, an undergraduate certificate in operations and supply chain management is available. Students who qualify for admission to the degree programs may apply credit earned in these certificate programs toward degree requirements. The undergraduate certificate in operations and supply-chain management is available online via the award winning CyberCampus.
- MBA with Global Supply Chain Management Concentration: A comprehensive graduate degree program covering the intricacies of product and process design, choosing appropriate technology, adopting efficient work methods, planning (including location and facilities layout), streamlining the flow of people and materials, and continuously improving the quality of the final product. Knowledge critical to success in creating internal and external customer value for your organization.
- Graduate Certificate in Global Supply Chain Management: Graduate Certificate in Global Supply Chain Management (GSCM) provides the theories and practices to be successful in this critical area of modern business. In addition to academic knowledge, students will have the opportunity to create a career plan to accomplish their goals with the support of academic, industry, and alumni advisors.
Golden Gate University Features
The fourth-oldest private university in California, Golden Gate University was officially established in 1901 as a place where working adults could improve and acquire skills to advance their careers. GGU grew out of the night school of the San Francisco YMCA and, for much of the 20th century, was the only choice in San Francisco for working men and women to earn an undergraduate or graduate degree while shouldering career and family vresponsibilities. A nonprofit, independent university, Golden Gate serves working adults who want a better education, empowering them to have a successful career and better quality of life. Our students are poised to achieve their aspirational goals; and through relevant, effective learning, they help them reach their true potential.
- Campus: With its main campus in San Francisco, Golden Gate University has regional sites located conveniently in Seattle and throughout California, including Silicon Valley and Los Angeles.
- Accreditation: Golden Gate is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Approach: Contemporary programs, new technology and academic innovations coupled with experiential classroom learning make the Golden Gate experience especially relevant.
- Faculty: Classes are taught by an experienced group of full-time faculty as well as a large number of adjunct professors who have current experience in the fields they teach. GGU classes are taught by practicing professionals who bring on-the-job insight directly to class for students to debate and discuss.
- Schedules: Classes meet throughout the year in 16- and 8-week formats.
- Class Size: Most classes are kept small so students can receive personalized attention from their professors. Students are recognized as individuals and are encouraged to bring their valuable perspectives to classroom discussions.
- Students: 4,849 students attended Golden Gate during the 2008-2009 academic year, of which 67 percent were in graduate programs, 13 percent were in undergraduate programs, and 20 percent were law students. There were 540 international students from 60 countries enrolled at GGU.
- Internship: Internship is part of the BSB Operations and Supply Chain Management Concentration and MBA Operations and Supply Chain Management Concentration programs.
Last updated: Sep 14, 2017